1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a little help and conformation please!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by manutd99, Jun 27, 2007.

1. manutd99

manutd99 Member

hey pople a little help please! ive looked around and have not suceeded in indentifing what my box is. a clone or not. ive been to the freewebs site under sc0user's posts and still ive not got an answer as i seem to have a box that is a cross between a clone and a genuine 1st gen box.

i have a genuine remote with the genuine heat sink and no plastic red bobs over the screws, but i dont have the samsung cpu and i have many resistors on the right hand side of the box itself. (the motherboard i think!) lol.

please can you people advise me of what starview i have as i dont want to brick it using the wrong fw. as i intend to update the fw. cheers

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

How long have you got it?

3. manutd99

manutd99 Member

how long have i had it.....erm quite a while atleast 6 months i wud say maybe longer, the thing is my frind had 1 and i flashed his wen the v3 was out, not knowing his was a clone and now his has bricked, and now i have been very careful on updating.

i jus wanna make sure before i actually do sumthing lol

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem as you said you have looked at the post at the end of my post. Do you have the bigger box or the smaller box. Sounds like a stupid question but it will help.

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

what side is the scart on.how many slits are on the top i think the genuine are 25x7.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ryan need a break can I surrender this thread to you please. Manu you are in good hands believe me.

8. manutd99

manutd99 Member

lol .....the help is much appreciated, the box is small, it basically is wither the 1st gen box or the clone. that is what im stuck on, it has 18 slits in each line as i have read before

thanks for the help btw sc0user! oh n the freewebs link sum1 sent doesnt work....?

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

it sounds more like a clone then a genuine so your better off just using clone firmware.

10. manutd99

manutd99 Member

but the remote and the heatsink are the genuine....ive updated it with the v3 software wen i did my friends, his bricked whereas mine worked, but as soon as his bricked i quickly put it back to v2.57

if that is any help to you at all. the thing is i dont want to mess up ma box. will the clone software if put on a genuine box brick it?

11. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i had it on mine for a day and it was fine but a guy i know has been using it on his genuine and it seems to work ok for him.

12. manutd99

manutd99 Member

so the 2.57 eE for clones will not mess up the genuine and will also help the clone box's too?

13. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

don't see why it should brick you genuine its just 2.57 with a small modification so it will autoroll.

14. manutd99

manutd99 Member

rite i shall giv it a go, cheers ryan much appreciated! i shall keep you updated!

will it be better for me to just input the keys or is that too much hassle?

15. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

depends on the person if you don't mind putting codes in then put them in but if you get annoyed every time there is a code change then you should update.