1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by snaker, Sep 21, 2004.

1. snaker

snaker Member

Hi.I learned all for the evox dashboard,i downloaded all the needed programs,but i have only problem with the connection.Can you tell me what i need, and one more, i must be on internet when i want to connect my x-box with my pc?And how much costs the cables and NIC CARDS?Can i find this things on the net and buy them?Thanks.

2. Spine

Spine Member

If its NIC to the Xbox you need a crossover cable, if its a router you need a normal patch cable. If you want to surf the net and be able to ftp into your xbox at the same time you need a router and need to have the xbox use dhcp.

3. gsanford

gsanford Guest

The cheapest way to go is a cross over cable. You wont need a router then. If you use a cross over cable, STATICALLY assign your xbox with an ip then on your pc STICALLY assign an ip on there. If you need help with this let me know. I can give you more specific directions.

4. snaker

snaker Member

Thanks.If i have more questions i will ask you.For now i want to ask one more thing.Is it nessesary to patch all the .xbe files of a game (with Qwix for example) when you are going to create the xiso.I found some tutorials and they don't say anything about it,but some guys does that patching,why?