1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A newbie needs help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Horseman, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Horseman

Horseman Guest

I have a movie downloaded. It's 733 mb. Is it possible to burn it onto a 700mb cdr? I browsed through a few posts and saw that some people were getting more onto a dic than it says. If it helps at all I have a lite on 24x10x40 cdrw, nero 5.5, and a bunch of memorex cdrs. I've never burned a vcd before.

2. slboss926

slboss926 Guest

first of all you need to know what file type your downloaded movie is before you go burning away. it has to be a mpeg1 file to create a vcd. if its not a mpeg1 file then you will need to convert it b/4 burning

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I am going to go ahead and assume that you downloaded a divx becuase if you downloaded a vcd thats only 733mb then you should be able to use nero to burn it to a 700mb cdr. You can fit 800mb (80min) of vcd onto a 700mb cdr.

If you want to get a divx onto a cdr, you should try to compress the audio. Open the file in virtual dub. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy. Click Audio and select "full processing mode". Click audio again and select compression. Look for an mp3 compression that you can use. Select one and click ok. click file - save avi.

Check the quality of the outputs audio as well as the overall file size. If your not happy try another compression format. You can also use virtualdub to play a sample of the output so you can save the bother of re-encoding the whole time.