1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hi guys , piopat went to check out movie25 enabled it ,tried one or two things and kept getting script error, had a quick check on youtube and seems the version im running is to new,the version i have now helix 14.o , some repos have not updated yet to newer versions of kodi helix 14.0 , so hopefully it will update soon and i will try it again, it said the same thing about genises, but that must have updated because thats seems to be running ok ?
    cheers ......
    paulie57 .......................

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hi guys, piopat I checked out movies25 and enabled , went in to check content but got script error message when I trie

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sorry guys ,hit the wrong key posted to soon ,as I was saying got script error message when I went in to load pages of content , checked out on YouTube and it seems movies25 has not updated to helix 14.0 yet ,said the same about genesis but it's seems to be ok ,just wandering is anyone having the same problem , Thanks in advance guys ....

5. piopat

piopat Active member

movies 25 has been down a few weeks on android , this is because the developer of that app the silencer hasnt been available to update it . usually when an app like this has a problem as soon as the developer knows they have a problem they update the app and the app should update automatically , but as yet silencer hasnt updated .

movies 25 is working on tsmedia (for those that have tsmedia ) and thats because mfraj who makes tsmedia fixed movies 25 himself .

but at the minute on android we have to wait for the silencer to fix the problem , or he may allow another developer to sort it for him ,its wait and see .

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

cheers piopat will wait for the update , plenty new stuff on helix to keep me busy , anything new and worthwhile i will post, also thanks again for aaalive running well at the moment, the guys on afterdawn are excellent and always willing to help with tech issues .......
    cheers
    paulie57 .........

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

something i read
    Soon to be released addon from Hackermil Claiming it will be the greatest addon ever? Is this the promised evolution from Mashup
    YOUR GUESSES WERE RIGHT! PROUD TO CONFIRM #ENIGMA IS A SUPER (ALL-IN-ONE) ADD-ON IN DEV THE LIKES OF WHICH HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN ON XBMC BEFORE. WE ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL NOW SO GO AHEAD AND BE EXCITED. WE HAVE SOME OF THE GREATEST XBMC MINDS BEHIND THIS PROJECT WITH ME ON THE VISIONARY FRONT. THEIR TALENTS ALONG WITH MY OUTSIDE-OF-THE-BOX APPROACH WILL ENSURE FOR THE BEST FULL ALL-IN-ONE ADD-ON THE XBMC/KODI HAS SEEN. EVERYTHING UNDER ONE ROOF IS THE STAPLE FOR THIS PROJECT. WE HAVEN'T BEEN THIS EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING FOR A WHILE AND TAKES ALOT! TO ACCOMPLISH THAT AS WE GET CLOSER TO EXECUTING WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.

piopat likes this.
  8. piopat

piopat Active member

paul another great addon to install is vdbt25 , i know someone was askinga bout sky 1 but i cant remember who . but vdubt addon has channel lists full of sports and enetertainment and sky channels . he has sky 1 in there , i know as i had it on earlier as i was showing a mate what he could view . so vdubt25 addon is well worth installing , if you install fusion (i think i uploaded that earlier in this thread ) it gives you all the main repos , and you simply select the repo you want and it installs , then select the addons you want from that repo . if you have all the main repos installed you can install pretty much any addon in seconds with no messing about with usb sticks .

9. piopat

piopat Active member

heres a list of addons that i currently have installed and what they give me , some people have a lot more addons than me but i install and test and only keep those i like , so i only have about 60 addons .

aaalive tv ( its filled with lists of tv channels / sports / entertainment and lots more .

1channel (movies , cinema releases and older movies)

bin@ural (play full cds )

candita tv time capsule (classic american tv and movies from the 30s right up to the 60s and 70s .

cartoon hd (gives you every cartoon old and modern you can think of )

categories (ill explain that later)

classic cinema online (classic movies )

concert archive (watch all sorts of pop , rock etc concerts )

dreamcatcher ( allows you to download from any addon)

earthcam (live web cams from all over the world )

empflix (xxx )

entertainment hub (watch movies / tv series / live channels and sports )

erotik (xxx )

FTV (this is filmon with extras , its got a cartoon section with great movies but also its got disney channel videos and its got just about every disney movie ever made from the older classics up to modern day )

fantasticcc (xxx)

flixanity (great movies including modern movies and cinema releases )

FREE PPV (this is free ppv , it only works when ppv is being broadcast )

genesis ( tv shows and movies , if you open movies it shows you a list of all skys movies channels and shows the movie now currently on that sky movie channel , select a channel and it lets you play the movie thats currently playing on sky )

hallow live tv (lots of great iptv channel lists from uk and usa and all over the world )

ilive (usa and uk tv channels aswell as movies and tv shows )

icefilms (much the same as 1channel )

liveleak (its reality videos and outrageous , some are funny , others are bizarre , some are real news clips to graphic to be shown on tv , some videos show traffic light cams etc showing accidents and all that sort of thing , i would say its an 18s or above addon tho and not for kids )

los movies (like 1channel)

lobstertube (xxx )

mashup (lots of iptv channel lists )

mikeys karaoke ( planning a house party or just like a sing song well this addon is great , it turns your tv into a karaoke machine )

mk sports ( sport channel addon , with lots of great sports channels )

movie25 (like 1channel , this addon is currently down awaiting an update , when its working its one of the best )

movies4me ( like 1channel )

movie storm (like 1channel )

rte player ( gives you rte 1/ rte 2/ rte news / rte junior in sd and hd and it works in any country , no tv3 or tg4 at the minute )

nbc sports live extra ( if you have a vpn this addon gives you every premier league 3pm kickoff game broadcast from usa in stunning quality , the addon and channels are free you just need the vpn )

one click watch (movies and tv series )

p2p streams (this addon allows you to put in ace stream torrent urls and sopcast urls so that you can view great sports and tv channels , also its required for some addons that show sports streams , usually if you use an addon that requires p2p the addon will tell you to install it or it will install it automatically )

phoenix (my favourite addon , it lets you watch all sorts of movies brand new and older , great movie collections and boxsets , great usa tv from the 70s and 80s and great uk tv from the 70s and 80s , live tv and lots more )

playlist loader ( you can get iptv channel lists urls , basically an iptv channel list is stored online and updated everyday , you get the url of the site its stored on and add that to playlist loader (give the list a name such as hasbahcas tv and then save , you now have a playlist of great channels that automatically updates , add as many playlist urls as you like )

popcorn flix (more movies )

popcorn tv (tv shows )

project free tv (movies / tv shows / live tv )

putlocker tv (tv shows )

solar movies (like 1channel )

smithsonian channel (this contains lots of great videos and documentaries )

sports devil (this addon lets you watch live sports on most of the main online streaming sites )

super cartoons (this is an excellent addon that contains all the old warner bros , looney toons etc cartoons , its even got an option called characters will all cartoon characters listed A to Z , open that and say you want bugs bunny just scroll down along to b and bugs will be listed )

tube8 (xxx)

tvonline (this is exactly the same as watch series )

usb/ sd card wizard (this is for making backups of xbmc and also for restoring xbmc , when you have xbmc all set up with all addons installed and all the settings you like make a full backup and store it on your usb stick or sd card , you can use this backup in any android box , so if your mate has an android you can put your xbmc backup on his box and he will have exactly what you have )

vdubt25 ( i mentioned this addon in my last post )

veetle (lots of tv channels / tv shows / movies and live tv )

vevo (youtube music )

vice (videos and documentaries )

videobull (tv shows )

videodevil (tis is like sports devil but it lets you watch from xxx adult sites available online )

viewster (movies and tv )

world news live (many of the major news channels including sky news and reuters )

worldtv ( iptv channels from all over the world )

xmovies (this is not xxx its great movies in fantastic picture quality )

you jiz (xxx)

youtube (needs no explaining really )

youtube 3D (as above )

youtube on fire (not working at the minute )

navi x (lots of great iptv channels / movies / sports etc etc )

broadcastify (listen to police and emergency services radio live from the usa and world wide )

mp3 streams (listen to lots of cds )

music box (as above lots of cds )

radio (world wide radio channels including many of the best irish radio channels including rte radio )

maintenace tool ( important advanced tools for your box like clear cache )

android addons i have installed are

vpn for nbc sports

mobdro ( great live tv channels from uk and usa and nore , including rte1 / rete2 / tv3 / tg4 )

cloud tv (as above )

showbox (top quality movies and tv shows )

10. piopat

piopat Active member

HOW TO ADD CATEGORIES (using categories addon )

if you have an enigma 1 / enigma 2 satellite box or even one of the openbox / skybox range etc you will likely be used to having bouquets or channel lists in your box . such as movies / sports / entertainment etc etc and all your channels organised into the various groups . well you can have categories / groups in xbmc and have your addons organised into those groups , you do this via an addon that will be in your video addons section .

the addon in question is CATEGORIES , you have to install this , by default you should have the xbmc repository already stored in your android box . to install the addon use your left/ right button to go to SYSTEM , then use your down button to go to SETTINGS and then press ok button .

now use your up/down buttons to go to ADD ONS , then press ok button . now again use your up/down buttons to go to GET ADD ONS , then press ok button , again use your up/down button and go to XBMC.ORG ADD ONS and then press ok button .

you are now in the xbmc addon repository . use your up/down buttons to go to VIDEO ADD ONS , and then press the ok button . next use your up/down buttons to go to categories , then press ok button to enable the addon , in the bottom right corner of screen it should say WORKING and then addon enabled , when thats done (only takes a few seconds ) you can exit those menus and go back to the main xbmc menu .

now in the main xbmc menu use your left / right buttons to go to VIDEOS , then use your down button and then your right button to go to VIDEO ADDONS , then press the ok button , you should now see all the addons you have installed .

use your up/down or left/right buttons to go to the addon called CATEGORIES and then press ok button to open it . what you will see is ALL ADDONS followed by a number which is the amount of addons you have installed . with ALL ADDONS highlighted press ok button , you will see a list of all your installed addons .

now lets say for example the first addon in your list is 1channel , go to 1channel and highlight it , then press the menu button on your remote control (the blue button) . a pop up box will appear with options

ADD TO CATEGORY
    ADD TO FAVOURITES
    ADD ON SETTINGS

highlight ADD TO CATEGORY and then press the ok button . now another box will appear called CHOOSE CATEGORY , of course you have no categories yet , so we will take this opportunity to create your categories before adding addons to them . you will see a line called MANAGE CATEGORIES go to that and highlight it and then press the ok button to open it .

now yet another pop up box will appear called SETTINGS CATEGORIES , and in that box you will see

CATEGORY 01
    CATEGORY 02
    CATEGORY 03 etc etc .

use your down button to go to CATEGORY 01 , then press ok button . now the keypad will appear onscreen , this keypad is the same as your laptop keypad so you just have to type the nane of your category , lets for example call it MOVIES . if your using the remote control to use the keypad you press the cursor button on the remote (its in the bottom right corner ) then press the up/down and left /right buttons to navigate to the buttons you want to select , when you are on the letter you want press the ok button . so when you have typed movies use your up/down and left/right buttons to go to DONE and highlight it and then press the ok button . to turn the cursor off press cursor button again .

now you are back on the SETTINGS CATEGORIES menu , so now use your down button to go to the second line CATEGORY 02 and highlight it and press the ok button to open it , the keypad will appear again , so now create your next category , lets for example say SPORTS , when you have typed sports go to DONE and press ok button .

now repeat the above instructions on each category and name each category with the category names you want . when all categories are complete go down to OK and highlight it and the press the ok button , this saves your work . your categories may not show on screen as yet so press the return button and exit back to VIDEOS CATEGORIES .

now lets add your addons to your categories . with categories addon open select ALL ADDONS , lets say movies is your first category and that 1channel is the first addon you want to add to the category , use your up/down button and go to and highlight icefilms , then press the menu button (blue button) , now options will appear

ADD TO CATEGORY
    ADD TO FAVOURITES
    ADD ON SETTINGS

select ADD TO CATEGORY and then press the ok button , now all the categories you created should be listed , use your up/down button to go to MOVIES , and then press ok button , thats it , icefilms is now added to the MOVIES category . you will now be returned to the list of all addons where you can go to the next movie addon and repeat the above instructions to add it to the movie category . then repeat the above procedure to add other addons to your other categories . when your complete exit out of all those menus and go back to your regular main video addons menu . now use your up/down and left / right buttons to go to the CATEGORIES addon , and press ok button to open it , all your categories will be listed and a number will be after the category name telling you how many addons are in that category , all you have to do now is go to the category you want to open and then open the addon you want to open . thats it all done .

11. piopat

piopat Active member

MX ANDROID : HOW TO MAKE ADDON SHORTCUTS

ok so you have 20 or 30 great video addons in the video section , some you dont really use much , some you use some times , and few you use a great deal . if you dont like having to search through many addons to find one well you can create some short cuts to your 5 favourite addons , what this does is that when you open xbmc and scroll along to video that below video will appear 5 picture icons (or thumbnails ) then you simply select the icon for the addon you want to open .

so lets say you have 30 addons but you want short cuts to icefilms / 1channel / youtube / movie25 / ilive well thats quite easy to do , but you only have 5 addon short cuts allowed , so choose your 5 favourites and for the other other addons you will have to go into all addons to select them . you can also create 5 shortcuts for music addons and the other sections like pictures etc . so if for example you created a short cut for mash up when you scrolled to VIDEOS this is what you would see below videos

[​IMG]

the above picture only displays one shortcut which is mash up but you can add up to 5 short cuts .

its quite simple and anyone can do it , so here goes . open xbmc and press the right button and scroll to SYSTEM (when i say scroll that simply means to go to ) , then use your down and left/ right buttons to go to and highlight SETTINGS , then select SETTINGS by pressing the ok button .

the first option you should see on screen is APPEARANCE , and it should be already highlighted , if so just press the ok button , if not use the up/down button to scroll to and highlight APPEARANCE and then press ok button . now in this menu the first option you should see is SKIN and as above it should be highlighted , but as above if not use the up/down buttons to scroll to it , once you have SKINS highlighted press the right button . you should now have highlighted the first line to the right of where it said SKIN , my first line says skin and to the right of that it says confluence , confluence is the name of the skin im using . the skin is basicly the look and layout of your onscreen menus , you can change and use different skins for different looks and layouts , but thats for another tutorial .

now press your down button and highlight the second line which is SETTINGS here is a picture of what you should see

[​IMG]

ok with SETTINGS highlighted press the ok button . now you will be in the skin settings addon menu . use your up/down buttons to scroll to ADDON SHORT CUTS , and when you have addon short cut highlighted press the ok button .now you should have the first line on the right highlighted which is lyrics addon . heres a picture

[​IMG]

use your up/down buttons to scroll to HOME PAGE VIDEOS SUB MENU , now you wont land on that line as thats just a sort of header or title , you will land on the line ADD ON 1 . when you have add on 1 highlighted press the ok button , now you should see a list of all your video addons , use your up/down buttons to go to the first addon you want to select as your favourite , when you have the addon highlighted press the ok button .

now you will be back on the SKIN SETTINGS ADD ON MENU , and you will still be on the line ADD ON 1 , but if you look now to the right the name of the addon you selected should be there , if so your done . now go to the next line ADD ON 2 and repeat the above instructions , and do the same for all 5 lines . dont worry if you selected addons and you want to change them its easy , for example if you want to change add on 1 simply scroll to that line and highlight it and press ok button , then use your up / down buttons to go to the addon you prefer and then press ok button , you can do this any time and you can change 1 or all of your 4 favourite addons any time .

if you wish you can now scroll down to HOME PAGE MUSIC SUB MENU , and to ADD ON 1 and you can select your 5 favourite music addons , you do it exactly as i outlined above , when your done simply exit from all those menus back to the main xbmc page , then use your left/right buttons to scroll to VIDEOS , you should now see below VIDEOS 5 picture icons / thimbnails , these are your shortcuts to your favourite addons , simply use your up/down and left /right buttons to scroll to the addon you want to open and then press ok button to open it . thats it job jone , remember as i said above you can change your 5 favourites at any time .

12. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hi guys it was myself and a few other guys on the site were looking for sky 1 tried a few sites for it but it could not get it to run properly
    Many thanks for hunting it Down , will give it a go ASAP, cheers Piopat for you patience , tongs I don't understand when you say enigma and dev what do they mean, is Enigma a different type Of box
    Sorry for my ignorance could you explain a little bit more about what dev means I'm a little bit slow on the tech uptake ..

Cheers guys
    Paulie57 .........

13. piopat

piopat Active member

paulie devs is short for developers , these are the guys who create , make and code these addons , and who keep them updated and running .

enigma (linux ) and android are similar (not exactly the same ) but similar . xbmc for example (or atleast a version of it ) which is an android addon can now run on the latest enigma2 boxes such as a solo 2 and duo 2 . tsmedia which runs on enigma 2 contains a lot of xbmc addons all be it modified into one addon that can run on enigma 2 boxes .

14. bobeey3k

bobeey3k Regular member

Excellent thread piopat, everything that you would need to know is here..... all credit to you!!

15. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

cheers piopat i get the what tongs is saying now thanks for the info also installed vdbt25 and you got it bang on sly 1 working great , myself and others on the site have been trying to find it for awhile now excellent , one problem im having if i can run by you ,i wanted to put in modbro in and i tried to download from google in kodi twice but kept saying unsuccessful, i then downloaded it on pc and it came as apk file tried it via usb in the box but would not reconise it, also tried it in zip form but still when i went to install from zip would not reconise, im would any one have the url and i can put it in by hand , thanks in advance guys .........
    cheers
    paulie57 ..........................

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

as pio said devs is developers, i just copied and pasted that topic about enigma, but i believe enigma is going to be the name off the hackermi addon

17. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you dont run modbro via kodi you run it through the normal android apps, fling it on usb, stay out of kodi and go to app installer, point it in the direction of your usb and modbro apk

18. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

cheers tongs , thanks for the info, but for yourself piopat and the rest of the guys in the forum would be in total darkness, still trying to get my head around a lot of the new stuff , will try asap. you guys are light years ahead of the rest of us ..
    paulie57 .........

19. piopat

piopat Active member

yes paulie as tongs rightly said mobdro is an andrroin addon . all i do is pop an android addon on my usb stick and pop the stick in the box , then on the android apps screen open filebrowser . it may display the contents of your usb stick straight away , but if not the androis box displays your usb stick as sda1 , so select sda 1 to open it and then all files (or atleast all apk files ) on your usb stick should be listed , then select mobdro to install it , you will be asked if you want to install say yes . thats it really .

20. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cheers piopat thanks for the info will put in my list of problem solving , I got a bit confused between APK files and repos, I did as tongs was saying loaded the file on USB and installed thru appinstaller and worked a treat, by the way do you know Any good site to buy new mx box loaded for my brother , what I mean as in accepting PayPal, I got my box thru a friend of mine who's now gone to aussieland for work , and haven't a clue where he got my box , Thanks again in advance for all detailed info guy's saved me a lot of grief
    Cheers
    Paulie57. ..........