1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

ah right so it may be that showbox is the issue , however if addons within kodi work as you mention evolve then it would seem that your box is running ok otherwise .

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Mobdro and showbox can be hit and miss , I deleted them , I reckon all what you're looking for is within kodi , for first time users I would recommend ares wizard as posted before ares is not a build , but does have a list of builds to choose if you wish also has a list of top addons and can be installed on to the vesion of kodi that you have , and play straight from video,video addons, it can save users who are unsure how to install addons via apk fiLe or urls lines until users get used to navagating round there boxes ........
    Cheers guys ..........

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sorry guys meant to add , first time users , got to read piopats newbies guide , has A to Z on starting issues and will guide newbies through the startup minefields lol..

Melody1 likes this.
  4. Sivvy

Sivvy Newbie

Hello Members,
    I am a newbie and using a M8 Kodi TV Box
    I would like to know if anyone can guide me to remove 2 icons that appear on start up in the first homescreen.
    I think one is a shortcut of an app, and the other when clicked on opens up in the address bar of google.
    Thank you.

5. Alyem

Alyem Newbie

Hi,
    I am working on - MX Box - MBX (g18ref)
    Android Version 4.2.2.

I installed Kodi 16.1 and done with all the setting, and still getting sound with NO PICTURE.
    Are there any others Apps that crashed with the KODI?

I don't have any problem watching KODI on others Android Box.

Need some advice.

Thank You.

6. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

paulie...when i tried to install it originally i googled for instructions instead of just clicking your link, the instructions i followed gave the url ending in .com instead of.mx thats why it didnt work ( i know youll be thinking ye right but honest it's true, i had the pulsemediahubx10 bit right but it had the wrong ending... weird) anyway just edited the zip so its .mx and alls well now so thanks.

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sivvy if click on the plus icon on home screen you can then untick the icons you don't want as shortcuts you can also tick the icons icons you want to add to your home screen ...........

8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Alyem need some more info , when you click on the kodi icon are you getting the kodi home screen or an error message .?

9. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Great upar alls well , let me know what you think of the addon cheers m8 lol..........

10. Alyem

Alyem Newbie

KODI running smoothly but play with only sound and no picture black screen.
    I have done with the setting and also set the Mbox setting with the HDMI 1080 output. Still having same problem.
    I have tired factory reset to the Mbox. And reinstalled Kodi, still not working.

11. Sivvy

Sivvy Newbie

Hey Paulie, i added here a link as i think we are on the wrong homescreen as i cannot tick on these icons.

Attached Files:

12. Alyem

Alyem Newbie

Hi Piopat,
    I done all the above and factory reset my MX Box and KODI still not having any picture.

Any more ideals?

13. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

sivvy if you go to box settings-more settings-display....it should give you an option of media launcher or homepage on start up, choose media launcher and youll get the page paulie describes on start up... I had same problem before.

IF ive described it wrong let me know...im at work but im sure that's the right way from memory.

go to home instead of display!

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  14. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Yep upar is right , I took it that you had the media launcher on startup , follow upars post and change to launcher then you'll have the plus icon box to delete and add different icons ........

15. Sivvy

Sivvy Newbie

Upar and Paulie i followed what you have mentioned and there is nothing coming up for me to un/click on.

Is this the page where i should see something.

Attached Files:

16. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

that's exactly what you want! select media launcher instead of launcher!! job done!!!

17. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

watched utd game on it last night paulie. picture was up n down but buffering was perfect. looks a decent addon. thanks paulie!

18. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sivvy as upar says highlight media launcher and click , you should now have a different home page , also should now see plus icon , if not post picture of what you see when you open medialauncher lol ......

19. Sivvy

Sivvy Newbie

Upar and Paulie, yes media launcher works though i cannot find these 2 icons to delete...one i think is a shortcut and the other come up after watching youtube.
    I prefer to stay on launcher screen as the pic posted on monday thanks.

20. Hmsfreedoom

Hmsfreedoom Newbie

I did indeed read the newbie guide after reading the posts about the virtual error issue. But all sorted now. Currently in using evolve and exodus and had no issues. And the evolve team I've delt with trapper mainly is a top bloke. I sent I'm a recently made moto gp documentary and he uploaded it for me and others. Also uploaded some my little pony on request. Can not recommend that add on more the devs are always on had to help out.