1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

of firstly you need the fusion repo link , and here it is .
    http://fusion.tvaddons.ag

before we go any further . kodi addons come and go , some stay a long while or they may change names , others last a little while and are gone for ever . and kodi is always being updated , and so kodi addons get updated so that they work with the latest versions of kodi . so things change and move on with kodi , so you really need to try to keep your box up to date . update at best is the latest version of kodi with proper repos and working addons , if you have proper repos in most cases (as long as the addon is still supported by its maker ) then your addons should stay reasonably up to date .

there are many repos , and fusion is a collection of some of the best repos , so thats why its great to have in your box .

ok so open kodi , then you will see PICTURES , VIDEOS , PROGRAMS , SYSTEM , go to SYSTEM an then go down to and select FILE MANAGER .

now you will see two boxes of files that are identical , i usually work in the box on the left so thats what we will do . in the box on the left go to and select ADD SOURCE .

now another box will have popped up on screen . you should see <NONE> well go to that and select it . now the kodi onscreen key pad will appear . now i dont know what version of kodi you have but if its older it will be a bit different to mine , so i will assume you have an older kodi .

at the top of the key pad are numbers and below that are letters , my kodi is the latest version and so my keypad also has special symbols , but older versions of kodi will be missing these symbols . so if your kodi is older and if you need to use special symbols (which you will ) well you will need to know where they are . if you look to the left side of the keypad you will see DONE and a bit above that is and option with symbols on such as @# etc . well if you select that the key pad changes from numbers and letters to special symbols . if you select the same option again the keypad returns to letters and numbers .

ok so now you know the above lets move on . you need to use the keypad to type the following link (exactly as give it to you ) . one little error and it wont work .
    http://fusion.tvaddons.ag

once the link is typed in just check to make sure its correct , if it is then you select DONE . next you will see ENTER A NAME FOR THIS MEDIA SOURCE , go to that and select it , again the key pad will appear . no some times when you type in a repo link this bit can be filled in for you automatically , so it may say fusion , if it doesnt say fusion type the word fusion in there . and then select DONE . now go down the bottom of screen and select OK to save your work .

now exit back to the main kodi screen . you will see PICTURES , VIDEOS , PROGRAMS , SYSTEM , go to SYSTEM an then go down to and select SETTINGS , and then select ADDONS , next select INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE . a box will pop up on your screen showing fles , look for fusion , go to it and select it .

you will see 3 options , one is START HERE , the other is XBMC REPOS , and lastly XBMC SCRIPTS . select XBMC REPOS . now you will see ENGLISH , INTERNATIONAL , ADULT , these should be self explanatory . as you want arabic content select INTERNATIONAL . now you will see a list of repos that you can install and they are listed A to Z so arabic is one of the first you will see . there are two arabic repos
    arabic repository arabic xbmc addons
    arabic repository shahid

now i dont know if they are good or bad but atleast you can try them .

so select the first arabic repo by going to it and press ok , after a few seconds it should say ENABLED . now you will be sent back a few steps , so lets go and install the second arabic repo . select INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE , you will see 3 options , one is START HERE , the other is XBMC REPOS , and lastly XBMC SCRIPTS . select XBMC REPOS . select xbmc repos , then select INTERNATIONAL , then go to and select the second arabic repo and press ok .

now all being well both repos are installed , obviously if you want english content like movies etc you would select XBMC REPOS and then select ENGLISH . so now the repos are installed lets open them .

you should still be on or near INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE , what you need to do is select GET ADDONS (thats if your kodi is a bit older ) if your kodi is newer it will say INSTALL FROM REPOSITORY , which ever you have select it . now you may already have repos installed in your box , in which case they will be there now in front of you .however look for the arabic repos you just installed , go to the first one and select and open it , then select VIDEO ADDONS .

now you should see a list of the arabic video addons that are in the repo . go to an addon that you think you might like and highlight it and press ok . after a few seconds to the right of the addon name it should say ENABLED . the addon is now installed , now select other addons you may like . when your done exit that repo and open the second repo and install any addons you may like just as you did above .

ALL DONE ? .ok exit all those menus and go back to the main kodi screen . you will see PICTURES , VIDEOS , PROGRAMS , SYSTEM , go to VIDEOS and then go down to ADDONS . now you should see a list of addons you had installed plus all the new addons that you just installed . go to the addons you want to open and open them .

2. R72

R72 Newbie

Hi mate, if I drank alcohol, i'd be piss head by now. I've done this thing numerous times but when I open Shahid Live I get 3 folders >My Channels > By Sources > M3u8/Lists. I go into My channels and thats empty, By sources I get a bunch of stuff but again when I click on anything in there nothing happens. Tried clicking on M3u8/Lists and nothing happens.....

I followed your instructions by the letter, what am I doing wrong?

3. difusion99

difusion99 Newbie

Hi all
    Box: MXQ pro 4K called MBOX

Trying to update kodi from 15.2 to 16.1. Downloaded kodi 16.1 to the receiver installed es file Explorer went to the apk file and tried to install it. It says installing but after a bit says app not installed. Tried twice and same message.

Any ideas why it won't install unknown sources ticked.

Any help appreciated

Eggie

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Eggie have you deleted 15.2 if not you must delete old version before installing new version , you can also back up your addons to usb . after fresh install you will lose your addons or you can reinstall fresh addons again to new 16.1 version .........

5. difusion99

difusion99 Newbie

Hi
    Pipot in a earlier post said I could upgrade from 15.2 to 16.1 without losing addons as at present the problem I have is that I can't do a backup. Tried different programs all come back with usb to sd card error check log. The destination for my usb is right as it is usb disk 0 on box but I just can't backup. I have lots of addons if I delete then it going to take along time.to put them all back. Box MXQ Pro 4K called Mbox on startup screen.

Thanks
    Eggie

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

7. piopat

piopat Active member

ah ok , now i dont use arabic addons / repos myself so i didnt test the repos i mentioned earlier . i assumed they had some content in them that you could use . sadly i cant guarantee that addon / repo makers will continue to update the content in the addon / repo .

ok ive just tried and i have an arabic channel on in front of me called 2m monde , quality is pretty good . ok some times the repo you install may not be the latest version with the most up todate addons in side , but you can refresh the repo and in a lot of cases that causes it to update . what you describe seeing above and my seeing the same options plus a lot more seems to indicate that you have to refresh the repo .

so go to the main kodi screen , select SYSTEM , then select SETTINGS , then select ADDONS . next select GET ADDONS or t may say INSTALL FROM REPOSITORY , which ever you have select it , then go to and highlight shahids repo whch you have already installed . just highlight it DONT OPEN IT , now with the repo highlighted press the menu button on your remote or what ever button you usually press to bring up the context menu . doing this will bring up some options on your screen

CHECK FOR UPDATES
    FORCE REFRESH
    ADD ON INFORMATION

now strange as it may sound DONT select check for updates , that doesnt really work and can take a long while . what you do is select FORCE REFRESH . it will look as tho nothing happened , next open the shahid repo , it will appear empty , now exit it again , now open it again . at this point you should see something on screen indicating that something is happening , maybe in the bottom right corner of screen . dont rush it just let it do its thing , but its quite quick . if you can now see the following options in shahids repo (when just previously it was empty )
    ADD ON REPOSITORY
    VIDEO ADD ONS

well then if you see the above that usually means that the repo is refreshed , and so if there were any updates available they will have been applied in the repo or in the addon you installed . it may be wise if you refresh any repo you install BEFORE YOU INSTALL ADDONS , that way atleast you know you have updated it as best you can .

now exit these menus and go back to the kodi main screen and select VIDEOS and then ADDONS ,and then open teh shahid addon . all neing well you should see more than the 3 options you mentioned above , all of them aside from settings should show you some good arabic content . but for this post open SHAHID LIVE , select say MAROC , now select 2M channel (its the first channel in the list im looking at ) now you will see several sources that you can select , not all sources will work hence they give you as many sources as possible to give you a better chance of getting the channels to open . now i tried teledunet.com source and it failed , however it may work in the future if teh addon maker fixes this source , instead i tried shani 800 source and it worked fine .

now i cant promise that every channel / video and source will work , its just a case of enjoying the content that does work and i hope there is a lot there for you to enjoy . let me know if the above worked for you , it worked fine for me .

8. piopat

piopat Active member

where did you download the file ? . i had 14.2 on a box and installed 16.1 as a test and my kodi version updated to 16.1 and all my addons etc remained . one kodi atleast in theory will overwrite the other , now if you installed say tvmc (thats another name for kodi ) well that wouldnt overwrite kodi for the simple reason they have different names .

so maybe the kodi version you are trying to use has a problem or is corrupt in some way . or maybe your box is just different to mine and wont allow a new install without first removing the old version . maybe your box memory isnt sufficient to allow the new kodi to over write the old .

you can upgrade your kodi version to the latest version without losing your addons , and the way im talking about removes the old kodi and installs the new while keeping the important data file with all your addons in .

9. piopat

piopat Active member

ok you dont have to make a backup as you can update kodi and keep your addons . it may just be that usn-sd card addon needs the latest kodi to work . it works fine for me .

anyway here are instructions to update kodi and keep your addons . PLEASE NOT THAT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL KODI VIA THE BOX ITSELF AND IF IT WONT WORK DOWNLOAD TEH KODI APK TO A USB STICK AND THEN INSERT THE STICK IN THE BOX AND INSTALL THAT WAY .

hi difusion if you are familiar with the file explorer you have installed and if it does what we need to do thats fine . but if not file manager may work but certainly es file explorer works , and as far as i know both are free in the playstore .

regarding kodi i usually download the new version of kodi on a usb stick , have the stick in the box and i use file browser or file manager to install it . you can of course use the browser on the box to search the net and then download .

now here are instructions to install the latest kodi version while keeping all your addons , PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU INSTALL .

the best way to update kodi , while keeping your addons is this .

now if you have file manager (not file browser) in your apps you can use that , if not you can use es file browser .

open es file browser and go to TOOLS which is down along the left side of screen , open tools . now go down the list of options to SHOW HIDDEN FILES , and set this to on .

you see your box hides certain files so they cant be deleted by mistake . regular file browser cant show you these files and thats sadly why its no good .

ok now on the right of screen there will be folders , one is called ANDROID , go to that and open it . then open DATA , then go to ORG.XBMC.KODI , dont open it just go to it , then with the file highlighted press ok for several seconds untill a little tick appears on the file .

when you see the little tick look on the bottom of screen you should see several options and RENAME is one of them , so select RENAME , then rename the file , keep it simple such as AAA . but something you will remember .

the file you are renaming contains all your kodi addons and settings , so we are renaming it so that it wont be deleted when we uninstall kodi . if you dont rename and you uninstall kodi well the org.abmc.kodi file will also be deleted , so changing the name stops it being deleted . we will be putting the proper name back shortly . so you have renamed the file .

now exit from es file explorer and go to settings app , and go to APPS and press ok . all your apps will appear to the right of screen , press your right button to go over there and go to and highlight kodi and press ok . now you should see an uninstall option near the top right , select uninstall . after a few seconds your old kodi will be gone , but your org.xbmc.kodi file will remain as its been renamed .now exit settings and go back to your apps , kodi will no longer be listed .

now download kodi jarvis 16.1 to a usb stick , and insert the stick in the box or download it from your box web browser . now open file browser (or file manager if you use that usually for installing apps ) , i use file browser so i will use that app for this guide .

if you have the latest kodi version on a usb stick thats inserted in your box open file browser , you will see multiple icons across the top of the screen , the first one is a house , select that either by going to it or by using your cursor . then you should see something like this
    local disk
    external storage card
    usbA

or your box may not say usb , it may say sba1 or similar . what ever it says select it and open it . now go to the new version of kodi that you downloaded and select it to install it . if you are asked are you sure say yes , and let it install .

if you downloaded kodi via the box web browser open file manager or what ever file app you are using and go to downloads and select kodi to install it . when thats done exit the file browser app and go back to where all your apps are .

now you will have the latest kodi jarvis 16.1 on your box , DONT OPEN IT LEAVE IT CLOSED .

now open es file browser again and as you did above open the ANDROID FOLDER , then open DATA , and then go to the AAA file (or what ever you called the file ) and highlight the file and press ok untill a little tick appears on it , now go down to the bottom of the screen and click RENAME . now rename the file org.xbmx.kodi

now if you followed my above instructions to a tee you can exit es file explorer , NOW YOU CAN OPEN KODI . and it should be updated to jarvis 16.1 and all your addons and settings should be there for you to enjoy .

10. piopat

piopat Active member

i should just confirm i have myself done the above kodi update and it worked so it should work on any android box .

11. R72

R72 Newbie

Hi piopat, thanks for your time and patience

I've followed your instructions but when I press menu, I only get check for updates and add-on information, no force refresh

12. piopat

piopat Active member

ok this may be down to your version of kodi , it may be old . if check for updates is all you have you could try that i guess , it cant hurt .

if it doesnt work i think you need to consider uninstalling your current kodi version and installing the latest version .

13. difusion99

difusion99 Newbie

Hi Pipot
    Followed your guide and thankfully I updated to 16.1 and kept my addons. Your a life saver gladly appreciate the long instruction set you posted.

Only 1 more thing I still can't backup using usb to sd wizard still.same.error message check log . Going to try with a SDCARD card to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks again
    Difusion

14. piopat

piopat Active member

ok this may be down to your version of kodi , it may be old . if check for updates is all you have you could try that i guess , it cant hurt .

if it doesnt work i think you need to consider uninstalling your current kodi version and installing the latest version .[/QUOTE]

hold on i think i may know whats occurring here . is your version of kodi isengard ? , when you first open kodi it should tell you if its isengard 15.0 or above , or if you go to SYSTEM and then go down to SYSTEM INFO and then look near the bottom of system info and your kodi version should be there .

but the reason i say you may have isengard is that you say FORCE REFRESH is not listed , and in kodi isengard the kodi makers seem to have removed it from there .

ok when you highlight shahid repo instead of pressing the menu button press the left button on your remote . there is a little tab sticking out on the left side of the kodi screen and when you press the left button it should pop out fully , there should be options there , one is update or check for updates , select that and it will update shahid repo , that in turn should update the addon you have installed .

15. piopat

piopat Active member

maybe the box for some reason doesnt like your usb stick , it can happen . but atleast now you are up to date with kodi , try another usb stick or as you say an sd card and see what happens .

16. R72

R72 Newbie

I've reinstalled kodi more times than a pisshead saying he ain't pissed.................I think I got the latest one

it's v16.1 jarvis I downloaded this from Kodi's website

Edit: I've just done what you suggested and still no joy. What I did notice though is when I did the update then went back to Shahid, there's an update box that comes up on the screen. Now the text is really going fast but on a few occasions the word "fail" appeared. I remembered also seeing this when I first installed and opened Shahid

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  17. difusion99

difusion99 Newbie

Hi
    Hi Pipot

Will try a sd card ordered SanDisk 32GB and what happens also where can I find firmware updates for my box MXQ Pro 4K called Mbox and can I update android from 5.1.1 to a higher version.

Thanks in advance
    Difusion

18. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

5.1.1 lollipop is up to date , you don't need to chage firmware , 32gb sd card should work fine lol

19. difusion99

difusion99 Newbie

Hi all
    Ordered 32GB SDCARDSOCANMAKE backups still having the same issue can't backup was having trouble with a usb stick so ordered a SD card to see it solves the issue still same can't backup getting check log error . Log says access denied .

Any reason why access denied ?

Also the other thing I need help with is how do I make chrome smaller on box so can see the up down scroll bar on the side .

Thanks in advance
    Difusion

20. piopat

piopat Active member

is your usb stick usb 2.0 ? , usb-sdcard wizard might need a usb stick that is usb 3.0 .

also when you are in the addon settings when you go to sba1 (the usb stick ) dont open that option , just go to it and highlight it , and then go to the right and select ok . if your doing this wrong you may be trying to tell usb-sdcard wizard to save the backup in a location that it cant for what ever reason .

regarding chrome well android apps and certainly web browsers require a mouse , the one on the regular mouse will do for some things . but it wont do for moving the page up and down .

you can use a regular computer usb mouse wired or wifi , just connect to your box . and use the mouse as you would on a computer . what you have to do is drag the page up or down using the mouse . to do that left click on the mouse , that is press the left button on the mouse and keep pressing it , that sort of keeps the cursor in one spot , thenwhile your doing that move the mouse so that you are dragging the cursor up or indeed down .

you can get a special wifi remote or mini wifi remote keypad that will do this wirelessly .