1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

you say you got two test c lines from two servers ,server A and server B. server A test c line works fine except for one channel ,server B test line works fine on all channels ,you decided to stay with him as he had all the channels working. but now you say he gave you a new c line but this does not seem to work ,if you typed the c line in to cccam.cfg check to ensure you typed it in exactly as you were given it. is there a # symbol at the start of the c line #C: (if there is delete it) if you are certain all is well exit and save and reboot your box. ask the server to recheck the c cline he gave you to ensure there are no spelling errors etc ,you may have to ask him for another c line to try . the fact that you have had two c lines working ok means that your setup is ok and that you are entering the c lines correctly ,so thats a good thing. i just reread your post are you saying he gave you a cccam.cfg file and not just a cline ,that would mean that you have 2 cccam.cfg files if im correct if so you will have to remame or delete the original one .if this is the case double click on var dir ,double click on etc dir ,single click on the original cccam.cfg to highlight it and then right click on it . now you see options edit/delete/rename i would simply rename it and keep the file ,call the file c (so you know the file if you ever want to use it in the future) exit and save and reboot your box and see if your c line is working now. if you want to use a second c line (server A) put the server A cline in to the new cccam.cfg .you will have to let me know if i understand your post correctly mate ,best of luck.

2. dublinda

dublinda Member

Good to see this Post back the only one worth reading for Sat c/s as the other was just more of the same

3. mickopla

mickopla Member

Yeah you almost have it correct. the only difference is that i'm a subscriber to Server A the last 3 months and Server B i got a test line from which worked. He cut off the test after 24 hours. The service was good so i decided to subscribe for one month but the line he sent me didn't work. I checked the line in 2 boxes i have and neither work. He keeps saying its a problem at my end but surely if it was Server A line would not work.

4. piopat

piopat Active member

as server A c line works fine (and still works ) and server B original c line worked fine i dont quite know how they can say the fault is at your end .if they wont check the c line for you cancel the payment and stick with server A as he works fine apart from one channel (what channel are you missing) can i ask where you got the server from ,you dont have to say where from here if you dont want to you can om me if you like. as i said above it seems you are saying you have two cccam.cfg files if this is correct this is not good .

5. piopat

piopat Active member

bainy how are you getting on with the external sharing mate ,everything going ok for you i hope.

6. bainy88

bainy88 Member

If only, as far as I know I have set up the static ip on my computer, set up my dyndns account and even managed to open my port on my wireless router which says its open but still not managed to get it working. I knew it would be hard but never this hard haha

Any extra advice would be very much appriciated.

Callum

7. piopat

piopat Active member

did you set a static ip on the dreambox also, the static ip of the dreambox with the card in it (the server) will go in to your dyndns account and also in to the dyndns updater. your router can change the ip on your box if its not static and that would stop you sharing externally .you have done all the hard work getting setup and sharing internally ,are you using your dyndns host name in the c line in the external share box(example) C:bainy.dyndns.org 12000 mate share2 your internal share c line should always have your server box ip address (example)C:192.168.0.100 12000 bedroom share1 .also did you remember that you need an f line in cccam.cfg in the server box for each box that shares with you ,example F:bedroom share1 and F:mate share2 .if you have any questions just ask ill try my best to help you.

8. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Yes i set a static ip on my dreamboxes, I have now added my server ip onto my dyndns account but cant seem to set my server ip address on the updater it seems to be taking a different ip address saying its my current ip with no way to change it?

I went through the steps to set a static ip address for my computer but it does not seem to be static on my wireless router have I done something wrong?

callum

9. piopat

piopat Active member

you should be able to alter the ip in the updater you should be able to see change user /view logs/refresh ip etc .if there is still a problem uninstall the updater ,install it again and put your info back in again. if your then happy that all is correct at your end you will need to check your mates end.

10. bainy88

bainy88 Member

the problem seems to be my static ip, i followed the guide but when im on my dyndns account its says my ip address is different from the one a set as my static one?

callum

11. piopat

piopat Active member

you will have to resolve the ip address problem ,as i say you could close the dyndns account you have and open a new one (making sure to put in the correct static ip of the server box) and of course you need the same info in the dyndns updater. also make sure all static ips on all your devices are different as if two ips are the same they will clash.

12. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi Piopat

I cant get a static ip address for my broadband off my broadband supplier for some reason, talk talk and VM only use dynamic ip address.

Is there any other way for setting up my dreambox with the dyndns?

Callum

13. bainy88

bainy88 Member

I also read online that i can set dynamic dns on my wireless router settings, would that work on a dynamic ip address?

callum

14. piopat

piopat Active member

you only need to set a static ip on your computer, and your dreambox (your internet provider cant do this) its in my tutorial you must do this your self
    http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm
    choose the one that suits.

15. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi piopat

I set my computer with a static ip and I can set my dyndns account with my server box ip address but when i run the updater on my computer it updates the ip address automatically with my routers ip address which is dynamic, there seems not to be a way of manually putting your server ip address in the updater?

callum

16. glog

glog Member

Hi im quite new at this but this is my view:

Im don't think it will work if you have the (internal) static IP of your server (in this case your Dreambox) set up in DyDns and updater.This is an internal IP address behind the router.
    Dydns doesn't care about anything behind the router.
    Behind the router is addressed by port forwarding in the router which in turn is maintained by having a static IP on your dreambox.
    I think it will need your external address in both your Dydns and updater accounts.

17. piopat

piopat Active member

try uninstalling the updater and then reinstall it and enter your details again .

18. bainy88

bainy88 Member

you dont seem to have to enter any details on the updater it just picks them up automatically?

19. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

sorry guys if i strayed a little just wondering does the dongle stick work for c/s (for receiving that is)or is it a waste of time and money.

thaks.............

20. bhav27

bhav27 Member

Is this possible with spiderbox hd?