1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

From what I have seen on my DM500s connected to a non Oscam server by installing Oscam on my box inplace of CCcam 2.1.3 my RTE issues are fixed.

2. glog

glog Member

Hi pjmorie,
    Any chance you can share the Oscam/CCCam PLi?

Cheers
    Glog

3. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

does anyone know why this has happened recently, is it a move by s#y to stop cs?

4. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Its a really strange problem but have seen similar. Issue is with oscam central server and for some reason has only raised its head. For those of you who know how oscam works, if one user is watching rte1 then all other users on rte1 are supplied with cached ecm information. Have contacted oscam designers about this problem. It seems that with rte1 oscam thinks it has read the original ecm but in fact hasn't. As such it supplies the cached ecm to all other users but in fact it doesn't have a cached ecm. To my knowledge this issue is now fixed

6. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks for the great info fintann mate , I hope you and your family are well mate ,merry Christmas and happy new new year to you all . talk soon

7. piopat

piopat Active member

hi guys I just wanted to wish afterdawn forum and all members a merry Christmas and happy new year . talk soon guys

8. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Many happy returns

9. pippster

pippster Member

I have a dream box 500 but bt sport doesnt seem to show up on the epg and ESPN isnt working any ideas how to fix lads?

10. piopat

piopat Active member

you probably need an up to date satellite.xml file , that contains all the latest frequencies and channel info . you pop that into your box using a program called dream control center . if you read back a few pages in this thread I posted instructions on how to do this for mojo , its not at all hard and its quick , just follow my instructions and you should be fine .

11. pippster

pippster Member

thanks man,all sorted!

12. tassilgo

tassilgo Newbie

Hi there mates!

First of all i must say I am a newbie. :)

So I followed this guide since I have a friend that dont mind to give me the clines and flines.

All worked well (at least it seemed so) but then the image started to stop now and then. And his box would even work, it would be stuck in one channel and if you cahnge the channel it just doesnt display any image.

Could this be happening because the friend that is giving me the clines and flines is already receiving them from other friend? So he doesnt actually have a server box.

I hope you can help me here! :D

13. piopat

piopat Active member

are you using the same c line in two different boxes ? if the c line is intended for only one box then using it on two boxes may cause your problem . if the c line allows use on 2 or more boxes then you should be ok , but if not then that may be the problem , but its difficult to diagnose the problem when you cant see the box in front of you .you say your friend gives you the c line , if its the same c line do the channels open for him ? .

another thing that could cause the problem is an ip clash , as in two boxes or devices with the same ip address . but most likely I would think the cause is if your both using the same c line at the same time , as a test ask your mate to power off his box and then see if pay channels open on your box , if they do either the problem is down to the c line not being able to work in two boxes (most likely I think )or its maybe an ip clash .

ips in different houses shouldn't clash as each house has its own network , but I know a friend who was sharing and his box ip clashed with who he was sharing with and he had to change his ip to a different ip , and then it worked . so I know an ip clash (all be it very rare ) can occur . ask your mate what his box ip is and check it to see if its the same as yours , if they are the same try changing the ip on one box and of course disable dhcp , if dhcp is enable the router could again give you that same ip .

14. tassilgo

tassilgo Newbie

Thank you for your fast reply mate!

How can i know if the cline can only be used in one box? Maybe that's the problem since we have different ip's.

Also let me ask you a stupid question. My friend shared 2 clines with me, wich are from hispasat (ME0&Z0N providers)and if i use both clines he cannot see tv at his place, but i can, if i only use one cline he can see perfectly but here the image is always stoping. Do I need to have 2clines always? Also im thinking in gather some free clines from the internet, get them together with one of my fried's clines to see if it gets better, do you think this could work? As I said im a newbie so pardon me if i am saying something stupid.

Thank you very much friend.

15. piopat

piopat Active member

the person who supplied the c line will have an f line in his box that basicly controls what the c line allows you to do , if he only wants the c line being used in one box he can set the f line to do that and likewise he can set the f line to allow the line to be shared with other boxes .

as I say really in my experience the problem you describe only happens with a c line that doesn't allow use in two boxes or an ip clash . as I say the ip address shouldn't really be an issue but you probably should check and rule it out . if the problem is the c line your options are limited really , you would need to get the c line supplier to allow its use in two boxes or get another different c line . you mention free c lines , yes you can get those but you don't get a guarantee of how long they will last , but you always get another free line , I know a site that usually has free c lines . I don't know if I can post c lines on the forum here even tho they are free nad I don't want to break any rules so what ill do is ill pm you the free c lines and you can check them out . these are the satellites and channel providers they say the line works with .

uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, CanalSat France (19E), Canal+ France (19E)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Cyfra+ VOD, Cyfra+ (13E)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, MEO PT DHT (30W), MEO PT DHT (30W), MEO RFU
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Digital+, Digital+ (19E), Digital+
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, 05032820, CanalSat France (19E), TNT Sat (19E), CSAT
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, SKY UK (28E)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Sky Italia (13E)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Akta/Kabel Kiosk/TVN/DigitAlb/Technisat/My TV/T-Home/Magio Sat/MBC HD/Starmax HD (5E/9E/13E/16E/19E/68E/4W/7W/30W) Comhem SE [DVB-C]
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Vectra PL [DVBC]/Redlight/UPC/DaVinci (13E/1W/4W/5W)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, RTL/UPC Direct (13E/19E/1W), UPC Direct, UPC Direct (1W/19E), UPC Direct, UPC Direct
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, RTL/UPC Direct (13E/19E/1W)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, ORF/AustriaSat (19E), ORF (19E), 0D050005, AustriaSat (19E)
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, SKY Germany/SKY Germany Extra (19E)[tunneled Nagra]
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, TV Cabo [ROM142]/Multicanal (30W)/SABC (68), DigiTV (1W), DigiTV
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Digital+ (30W/19E), Digital+ HD (30W/19E)[ROM180], Digital+ HD
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, DigiTV (1W)[ROM190], DigiTV, DigiTV, DigiTV
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, Polaris (39E)[Deltacom]
    uphops: 1, maxdown: 0, AthinaSat HD (39E) [Bulcrypt]

ill pm you the free lines now .

16. piopat

piopat Active member

ive sent you that pm mate .

17. mojo88

mojo88 Regular member

happy new year to all

pio

how difficult is it to install oscam? i have lost some channelss that i frequently watch but in the forum most people say they still can watch the channels with oscam and mgcam

18. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

If your only using your DM500s as a client box then it's not that difficult. I've managed to get Oscam working on my DM500s with both a Pli and Commando image.
    What's your current setup?

19. mojo88

mojo88 Regular member

Pli I think

20. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

It should come up on as a splash screen on the TV as the box boots up. Is it a client only setup your using? Do you have an option in the install panel on your image to install Oscam?