1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. mojo88

mojo88 Regular member

Don't know if I am client only , like I said my knowledge on these is limited very

2. tassilgo

tassilgo Newbie

If you dont know nothing about this, it means that you are a client! eheheh

3. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Hi Guys,
    Sorry to hijack the Thread, but I'm having trouble trying to setup an old Dreambox I have.

It was working no bother before with C-Line etc, but I have since changed providers, so I need to change the C-Line.

When I get into the box to FTP, I can see all the files from the Laptop in the box on the right hand side, But the box on the left is blank.

I think the ones on the left are supposed to be for the Dreambox, but there's nothing there.

Any ideas? I don't know a whole lot about them.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

If your paying a sub for a C Line and putting it into your DM500s and only use the box for this then your a 'client'. I can give you a guide on how to install an old Pli image which has oscam on it. You will need to know how to flash your DM500 with an image and be able to FTP files to the box. If you can use DreamBoxEdit to save your exisitng channel setup that would save you having to sort them all into Bouquets again afterwards.

5. piopat

piopat Active member

if you cant see the files in the box on the left it usually means the box password has been changed , that's the password you see in dream control center . by default username is root and password is dreambox , if the default password has been changed as seems to be the case you will need the new password . to get the password you need to contact the person that sold you the box and ask them for it , or you will have to reflash the box to reset the password back to its default .

6. piopat

piopat Active member

mojo mate sorry for the late reply I couldn't get on here today . mojo have you done a scan ? that's the first thing you should do , that may bring back any missing channels . if your still missing channels after that get an up todate satellite.xml file and pop it into your box using dream control center , if you remember I gave you instructions for doing that a few pages back in this thread . that said mojo you only recently put an up todate satellite.xml file into your box so I imagine a scan should bring back any missing channels.

also if your looking at channels through your bouquets that would explain why some channels are not opening , as channels in bouquets stop working all the time due to frequency changes etc , so go to your all channel list and do a scan and then check to see if the missing channels have returned . if they don't get an up todate satellite.xml file and put it in your box , then reboot the box and do a scan and after the scan check the all channel list to see if the channels have returned .

only one channel has been giving trouble in recent times and that's rte1 , it was a server issue , most servers have rectified this problem . if you do a scan and all channels are ok except rte1 then you need to talk to your server .

also you don't need to reflash your box in order to install oscam , should you need to install oscam you can probably do so via the addons menu in your box . but if not you can simply get a suitable oscam file and pop it into your box using dream control center , reflashing a box should only ever be a last resort . talk soon

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

whats funny? i am a client, and the newby is also. so can you share your ehehehehs? would love to know

8. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Yes, This seems to be the case.

He gave me the password yesterday, but it's of Russian origin, so it'll be a few attempts to get it spelled correctly. :)

Thank you for your help.

9. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

I'd like to have that guide.

Please feel free to pass it on when you get a chance.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  10. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Ehh,, I'm not sure I understand this.. :)

11. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Hi Piopat. I can't seem to find Oscam available as a download through the 'addons' panel on Pli. I've also tried sending the .tar.gz oscam download file to the /tmp directory and installing via the manual install option but this fails, have no idea why.
    That's the reason I said 'you will have to re-flash the box' as there is an old Pli image which already has Oscam, an old version, pre-installed.

12. piopat

piopat Active member

the cam you use has to be both suitable /compatable for your box and for the image your using , if your box is enigma 1 the cam must be suitable for enigma1 or E1 , if your box is enigma 2 you need oscam compatable with E2 . also usually with cams the cam must be compatable with your image ,as your image is pli the cam probably must be compatable with pli images . the cam name will usually tell you if its E1 or E2 and what image its for , for example
    E2-oscam-5444-pli.tar.gz

you can see its got E2 (that's enigma 2) and it also says pli .

of course you can probably (regardless of image )just put the oscam bin file into your box using dcc . e1 boxes use PowerPC (ppc) bin file and e2 boxes use mipsel bin files . if you get the latest oscam distribution file (or atleast a stable distribution file) open it and it will contain several versions of the same oscam file for e1 /e2 / computers and so on , simply open the file and get the oscam bin for your box .and use dcc to pop the bin file in to your box .

for enigma 1 boxes send the oscam (PowerPC ppc ) bin file to var/bin (make sure the oscam file is just called oscam nothing more ,if its called oscamppc or some thing just rename and remove the ppc bit ) using dream control center . you have 3 main config files oscam.user/oscam.conf/oscam.server and these files go to this location in your box var/tuxbox/config .

for enigma 2 boxes send the oscam (mipsel)bin file to /usr/bin , and the config files depending on your image go to these locations var/tuxbox/config/ (OE2.0 based images) or etc/tuxbox/config/ (at oe1.6 based images .

you can download all kinds of oscam files and bin files here

http://np-ulc.com/index.php?directory=Emus/OSCam&PHPSESSID=44b5bf6704eaa1a1fe4c7f417b123219

13. ftm2008

ftm2008 Member

Hi.. I know I shouldn't be asking but I am retiring my server and my clients are looking for a new one. If someone could pm me and point me the way Thx. All running CCcam

14. mojo88

mojo88 Regular member

Hi pio
    Hope all is well my tv is showing no signal Since 8pm today ,I have a dm500s showing no signal on my tv

I don't know what's happen ? It's not my c line as I have asked

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

piopat, your a saint. mojo, for the love of god check cable connection at sat dish and the check cable connection on your box. if you use menu system on dm500 then setup, then sat and transponders and satfind. if there is no signal then there is no signal because cable is displaced. not rocket science

16. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

very windy out tonite check dish mate
    jack

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  17. piopat

piopat Active member

fintann mate its ok , it seems from chatting with mojo that he needs to reflash . I spoke to mojo today (but not tonight as I was out )but all being well he will have the box reflashed soon .

18. mancred

mancred Regular member

Not exactly on the button there my man - a tuner has gone bang on me on more than one occasion.

19. piopat

piopat Active member

have to say ive done a lot of work on dm500s in my time and have yet to have one that had a tuner fail , its not impossible it can happen but as I haven't heard of it happening a lot and never seen it personally . but having spoken to mojo the problem is not signal or cable related ,his box does nothing , it doesn't display menus nor can he access the box using dream control center , this atleast indicates that the image has failed (for want of a better term )in my experience a reflash more often than not can retrieve a dm500s .so my advice to mojo (before he buys a new box ) was to try a reflash , and ive recommended a different image to him , I hope that solves the problem for him .

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

accept that. had a dm500 with failed tuner. switched out transistor as described at 8a8f8.com and problem solved