1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. mojo88

mojo88 Regular member

pio i have nt had chance to try re flashing yet,but hopefully tommorrow night or day after

2. piopat

piopat Active member

ok mate

3. pondfly

pondfly Member

Hi i have no problem with dream up.the router and dm 500s ip's are different but dcc constantly gives me same ips for dm 500,and router.when i change them they say not connected.That way i cannot see anything on dm side of ftp {blank}because of conflict.It
    would not accept the static ip i have from the menu connection.

4. StoneWall1

StoneWall1 Newbie

using newcs on 28.2. all premium channels now gone. rescanned no difference. checked entitlements and ok. any ideas or is this something new

5. piopat

piopat Active member

if all these channels just stopped opening and your using an n line then you need to contact your n line supplier mate . all premium channels working fine for me , and as you say premium and not all pay channels then I can only think that your now not receiving channels via the line that you should be , in which case that's a server issue .

6. StoneWall1

StoneWall1 Newbie

the card is my own in my own server. worked fine for years. then made a few changes and missed an entitlement so had to call to get that done and now the card will only work for premium channels in $ky box but not on the server. The other scrambled channels gold,sky, etc all work fine from the server but not the premium. I have the boxkey entered and tried on a few different boxes using CCcam and then newcs and mgcamd and still the same result - no premium channels. I see someone else has a post on another site with thew same problems so I think $ky have been busy.....thanks for response but I think there is more to it than we know at the moment

7. piopat

piopat Active member

you ay dreamup but i assume you mean dream control center (dcc) . do you have any part of a green line showing , I mean if all is well you have a green line connecting all 3 pictures computer /box /router , but some times you have a partial green line such as a green line between computer and router but not to the box .if you don't have a green line between all 3 (as you clearly don't ) and the box on the left is empty either the ip of the box is wrong in dcc or your password is incorrect . you need to into the box menu to communication setup , in there the first thing you should see is the box ip , check that the box ip is the same as whats displayed by dcc . if not its usually only the last digit/s that are different so you could manually change the last digit/s of the box ip in dcc to the proper box ip and then click on reconnect beneath the picture of the computer . all being well that should fix the problem but if not you need to next look at the password . usually by default the ftp username is root and password is dreambox , but with some images the password can be different , for example commando images password could be commando as opposed to dreambox . also backup copies of images can have passwords that people set them , so I mean that the password may not be the default password or the usuall default password .if you tell us the name of the image you have (or if its a backup image ) maybe we can advise more .

8. piopat

piopat Active member

is your box a sky + hd box ? as they are definitely making changes with those .as they open in the sky box the card is working as it should be , so its either down to sky changing some thing or your cam , I suppose you could try oscam.

9. StoneWall1

StoneWall1 Newbie

yes it is a sky+ hd box and the server is a dreambox 7020. watching on a dream 800 hd, 500 hd, 600 and another 7000 and all fine up to last night. I hope someone has a fix or idea.
    I had a look at oscam but it doesn't look to easy to get around. if there is a link or 2 you might have would appreciate the help
    thanks

10. piopat

piopat Active member

oscam has a few oscam config files that you need to edit ,add /edit the following to your oscam configs .

Oscam config:

Code:
    [global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1
    [webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    httpallowed = 192.168.1.100
    [newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000;10001@0963:000000

(you can set protocol above to cccam if your clients are using cccam , that way they can keep their current c lines , all you would then need is to add the user name and password of each c line you give out to oscam.user via oscam.user accounts . each client must have their own user account .

Oscam server:

Code:
    [reader]
    label = skyuk
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963
    ecmwhitelist = 0963@000000:3E,4E,7D,7E,45,47,62,68,72

Oscam user:

Code:
    [account]
    user = test1
    pwd = test2
    group = 1
    au = skyuk

this bit below is for your clients or client boxes , its a user account .all you need is a user name and password , that would be the user name and password in the clients line . you need a user account for each line you give out , so just copy and paste the account below to the oscam.user file for each line you give .

Oscam user:

Code:
    [account]
    user = test1
    pwd = test2
    group = 1
    au = skyuk

11. StoneWall1

StoneWall1 Newbie

I appreciate that and will have a go at it tomorrow morning. it's a Netflix nite now. Is there any particular oscam I should use - I've seen a few out there and confused the hell out of me with mipsel, pcc and can't even remember what else. I woulk like a package download but can't find anything that looks even half easy. I would run the server off a dremabox - what goes in the bin folder and where are the config file located ? I am really a learner for oscam - if you can help fine and thanks for your responses

12. piopat

piopat Active member

its easier if you can install via addons , how did you install your other cams ? if you installed via the addons then oscam should be in there aswell . if you installed manually well then its the same as what you did previously . for enigma 2 put the mipsel file into the tmp folder and then go to manual install panel , for enigma 1 put the ppc file into the same place . if its an ipk file then again put the file into the same folder and go to addons and then to ipk install panel .

13. pondfly

pondfly Member

14. pondfly

pondfly Member

Thanks piopat,I finally got the problem solved,i got green lines from pc to dm 500 and router,the problem --i was using the wrong cable,and that was seeing tne dm500 as another router,when i changed a number of cables the correct one picked up the dm,and the yellow folders appeared!i am now beginning to see pictures,guess others should have an idea of which cable to use with which dm tool.Thanks for the help,God bless.

15. StoneWall1

StoneWall1 Newbie

Well I downloaded and got oscam working on the server but it only does what newcs does so nice try but 'no cigar'
    I appreciate the help - thanks again - I'm sure we will see a lot more of this soon and hopefully a fix in the near future.

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

not likely. you may not be aware but sly have shut down certain sky boxes. please specify your make and model. no configuration will change your results. it is done and dusted. strange that you are not aware of this. the game is not over but it is on its last legs. I have a Thompson which is the last box yet to be sorted but its only a matter of time. yours is likely a Samsung or pace which are already compromised

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

just so people get an understanding of exactly where things stand. probably the most significant player in the game over the last decade was b16mcc. he setup www.linuxboxuk.com. now dead in the water. he knows cccam, he knows oscam, but he can't share as his sly system is done. the game is done guys. it has been our friends in oz to be hit first, next is boxtype by boxtype our friends in the UK and then the Irish market. just make sure you have tsmedia on your platform, skybox, openbox, blade are all an utter waste of space as they have no worthwhile plugin. the ariva ain't much better

18. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Where do I find the links mate?Recently bought a clone DM 500 HD but theres no cc cam config installed.
    Im totally lost.Any idea how I can fix it?
    Im using Mac too .Does that make a difference?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you/Yotanka72

19. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

now you have to install cccam in you box ,so you press the yellow button on your remote ,and press the yellow button again to enter nabilosat addons download manager , press ok on nabilo image cams , now scroll down the page untill you see cccam 2.1.3 complete highlighted in red and press ok button on your remote ,you will get two prompts on screen asking if you want to install cccam and install addon you say yes both times .you now have cccam installed so exit back to tv channels .now press the blue button on your remote and then press the right arrow button untill common interface or default (this depends on the box you have ) is replaced by cccam 2.1.3 ,when youve done that you need to set cccam 2.1.3 as your default cam so press ok on your remote ,now press exit back to tv channels . you are now ready to go to the next stage which is entering c lines which i will go in to in post number 2.
    this is all took from page 1 where you would expect it to be since its a guide, start from page 1

20. piopat

piopat Active member

tongs those instructions are for a dm500s sd using nabilo darkstar which is a very old image now . a dm500s hd is a different box its enigma 2 and theres no darkstar image for it all tho there may be a nabilo image for it .

yotanka you need to tell us what image (image is the name for the tv software ) you have on the box , power the box off and then back on and look at the tv screen and the name of the image should be displayed . then you will know what the image is and if its suitable for installing a cam such as cccam .

as yotanka is using mac he needs a version of dream control center or filezilla that runs on mac , there is as far as im aware a version of dream control center for mac .