1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

a vu + solo is a hd box so its an enigma 2 box . there is a very small difference in how you put in a c line in an enigma 1 box to an enigma 2 box . very simply put your box needs a bit of software called a cam , cccam 2.1.3 will work well . you install that in your box unless of course its already in there .

after you install that software your box then should have a file in it called cccam.cfg , very simply you find this file and then open this file and pop in the c line , save your work and exit , you may have to reboot the box after . the little difference is that on an enigma 1 box and an enigma 2 box the location of the file differs slightly .

now if you study page 1 of my tutorial you should be able to use dcc (dream control center) to connect your laptop to your box , now dcc may not work on some new routers so you can use a similar program called filezilla . my tutorial explains that the cccam.cfg file is located in var/etc , thats because i was talking about an enigma 1 box , but for a vu+ solo the file is located in etc .

now dont worry if any of this is confusing as i can help you out and explain things to you more . your box will of course need to be connected to your broadband router for any of this to work .

i take it you dont have a c line ? , it seems you dont know where to get one either , you will need to source a c line . these are not free but can be got reasonably priced these days .

2. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

So if i am right you can only have one c line ?(or more?)
    I suppose i have a c line already because i can watch locked channels.
    I just want to realise how things work so i can do it myself sometime in the future.

3. piopat

piopat Active member

you can have multiple lines if you want .

4. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

so a c line is the address of a server right ? you can have multiple servers.
    And if you get a c line without paying (free server) you will have the same quality of image and sound ?

5. piopat

piopat Active member

yes simply put a c line is the address of your server , your box uses that line to connect to the server . you can get free c lines and the picture and audio quality does not change between a free or pay line .

however free lines usually and quickly get used by many many people this js what i call overloading , and any server has a limit and when exceeded the server struggles . when a c line server gets over loaded the channels suffer , the will freeze up so badly (maybe every second or two ) that you just wont be able to watch anything .

now if you get some good regularly updated c line sources you probably would be able to watch stuff here or there , that is untill the server gets overloaded . also with free lines you have no idea how long they will last , it could be 5 minutes or 5 days or what ever . you just never know .

you can get a quality c line these days cheap enough maybe 50 or 60 euro for 12 months so i would say dont waste time on free lines that really wont give you much .

6. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Thanks again !!
    Can i find out more about those pay servers here in this forum ?

7. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Is there a guide for installing tsmedia on Vu+ or can anyone tell me how to do it ?
    Thanks !!

8. piopat

piopat Active member

you will need either vu control center or dream control center , these are programs that allow you to send a file into your box . you will of course also need the correct tsmedia . what image is on your box ? image is the name for the tv software , if you power off your box and then back on again the image name for example blackhole should be displayed onscreen . if your vu is reasonably new with a reasonably new recent image on it then you should be fine , but tsmedia (the latest versions ) no longer support (can be used ) older images . older images would be oe1.6 where as newer images are oe2.0 , tsmedia application only works now on 2.0 images . so if you can tell me the name and version number of your image we can see if your image is suitable .

9. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Open pli is my image i think.
    And i have enigma 2.0

10. piopat

piopat Active member

have you ever used dream control center ? , i explain how to set it up and use it on page one of this thread . so if you can download it , install it and set it up as i explained on page 1 of this tutorial .

now ive attached the tsmedia file to this post near the bottom , so you can download that , its a zip file so you will have to unzip it . once you unzip it it should say tsmedia 8.0 all .ipk

now its not the latest version , dont worry about , as you can update to the latest version from inside tsnedia as they give you an update option .

when you have dream control center downloaded / installed and setup open it , then in the bottom left corner of screen you should see FTP select that . now on your screen you will see two big boxes of files ,the files on the left are inside your box , and the files on the right are inside your computer , and between these two big boxes are little arrows one pointing left the other pointing right .

ok look in the box on the left and their should be a file call tmp or it may say var/vollatile /tmp or something similar , im used to blackhole not open pli mate so bear with me . when you find the file double click on it to open it .

now move across to the box on the right and find the tsmedia file you just downloaded , if you see it click on it one time to highlight it , now with the file highlighted look between the boxes and click on the arrow that points left . all being well now if you look in the box on the left the tsmedia file should be in there , if so thats job done the file is now in your box , this is called a manual install .

now for the next part you have to go to your box . there should be a manual install panel on your box , that just means there should be a menu to let you manually install a file . on blackhole i press the yellow button and then the green , i dont know how you access teh manual install panel on open pli so you will have to try the color buttons and the options in them untill you find the manual install panel . when you do open it and you will see tsmedia in there , select it to install it . install can take a few minutes , it may look like its not doing anything and then take off so be patient , when its installed you will have to reboot / restart the box .

now all being well tsmedia is installed , its usually on the first page of the box menu , so press the menu button on the remote , tsmedia should be there so go to it and select it to open it . you will see its got a movies option (lots of movies in there ) and a tv shows option and iptv etc etc . now as i say this version is 8.0 so its a bit old , with tsmedia open you should see tools , now tsmedia has changed a bit since 8.0 so im going from memory here but i think tools is in the bottom right corner , but where ever you see tools open it .

now you should see software update , if you do select it , tsmedia will check and then tell you that you have tsmedia 8.0 and that a new version 10.0.6 is available , from memory i think you press green button to update but it will tell you onscreen . again it may take a few minutes to update because it will remove the old tsmedia and then install the new , so again be patient .

once it has installed the update a box reboot will be needed , the box may reboot itself tho . now once the box has rebooted press menu button and open tsmedia , you will see that it looks different but now you can view movies etc etc free . in the latest version of tsmedia you dont have tools , instead you have desktop , so when you want to update to newer versions of tsmedia you open desktop and software update will be in there .

11. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Thanks again mate !! Very helpfull guide.
    Will this tsmedia though take a lot of space in my Vu ?
    Also this box was set by the guy i pay to give me channels via cardsharing is there a possibility that he might not allow me to install tsmedia ?

12. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate well your box handle multiple addons so you are only adding one . tsmedia has no bearing or affect on the c line side of things , so it cant cause any problems . if the box is your s the guy cant complain about anything . talk soon

13. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

i did what you said man but when i go to my box to install it there is a green screen that says
    there is a crash (stb crash or smthing) Looks like i can not install plugins ?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. piopat

piopat Active member

some times addons can fail if they have a problem, ill get you another version of tsmedia to try .

15. piopat

piopat Active member

here you are , unzip this file and then install it .

Attached Files:

16. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

The crash occurs when i press the install plugins option.I had this problem before.So it is not a plugin issue.
    A green screen appears and among others it says to send the crash file.

17. piopat

piopat Active member

a green screen simply means your image doesnt like the addon or the addon is not compatable with your image or that there is some problem with the addon . the tsmedia files i gave you work on a vu+solo with blackhole but you are using open pli so the files i gave you may have some compatability issues with open pli . let me do a little checking with a mate and ill see if i can get a version known to work with pli that may i hope work .

18. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Sorry mate i think i did not explain it good.
    The error occurs when i go to the menu and then the install plugins option.When i press it.I dont even reach the list of addons.
    It's like for example when you go to all channels and an gs appears before it shows you the list.

19. piopat

piopat Active member

ok just so i understand mate were you having this green screen error before you installed or tried to install tsmedia ? , or did it just occur as you were trying to install it ? .

you say when you go to the install addons and try to open it it causes the green screen error ? . now the green screen error from my experience is a software error , usually you pop in a file and if the file is corrupted or incompatable etc well then the green sceen error can occur . its not usually an image problem but caused by some added software in the box , however its not impossible that it is a problem within the image itself .

now just to cover all bases we need to check to see if the file you put into the box is causing this trouble . so what you need to do is open dream control center and click on ftp , now look in the big box on the left and find and double click on the tmp file to open it , is the tsmedia file still in there ? . if so click on the file one time to highlight it , then right click on it and some options will appear such as view / edit / delete select delete to delete the file . now the file should be gone from your box , go back to the box and see if you can open the addon install menu and see if you still get a green screen error . if you dont well then you know that the tsmedia file caused the problem , if its still going green well we need to see if something else is in there installed causing this , if there is nothing else installed other than say a cam file then your image may indeed have a problem . if after this the box didnt go green try popping in the second file i gave you .

now where you have the addon install panel there usually would be an addon uninstall panel , see if you can find that and open it and see what addons are listed , these will be installed addons , tell me what they are . you should have a cam in there like cccam or mgcamd etc , the cam is for your c line . if that had a problem your channels wouldnt open so as your channels are opening fine that file is not a problem . but we still need to know exactly what files are listed . if you only have say one file listed which is the cam and the green screen problem continues well then i think you should ask the guy who setup your box to change the image for you .

20. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

It's before i install it.I can't even get inside the menu of plugins available for installing.It is still going green.
    The same happens even if the tsmedia file is not there .
    Now inside the tmp folder there are some files.These are : camd.socket,ecm.info,ecm0.info,enigma2_crash.log,hotplug.socket and root.