1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A noob needs help with choosing parts for his first PC

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by skydreamer, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skydreamer

skydreamer Newbie

Well, hello there.
    An internet friend recommended me to ask around on forums for help with building my new PC, he mentioned this place, so here I am.

I have a budget of around 450€ (which if I'm lucky will rise to 500-550 max) which I'd like to use to buy myself a new desktop.
    I need to buy pretty much all the peripherals new since I don't have them :/
    So, I'd be using it mostly for internet surfing, videos and some light gaming, games like Portal 2 and Fallout New Vegas, and maybe later on Skyrim, too.
    Unfortunately, as the title says :p, I'm not too up to date with what the current CPUs and graphic cards are (I believe we are at the 6xx series for geforce). I know what part does what etc, but I have never build a PC for myself yet and I need help.
    I have a vague picture in my mind that would tell me that for my money I might be able to get an i3 and a geforce 640 or the ati equivalent, but if this is completely wrong correct me.
    Then there's the entire rest of the hardware where, unfortunately, I have no clue, sorry.
    I'd like my monitor to be at least 1360x768, have at least 500GB HDD and 4GB of RAM.
    About the OS, since I'll want to play a little bit of games on it I'd like to have windows 7, I guess I can just copy the whole partition of the family desktop over?

Last thing is that I just moved to Norway and I'm not sure which sites deliver here and which not, would you happen to know any good sites for here? (By the way I don't speak norwegian yet, so I won't be able to read norwegian-only websites)

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Or not help :p

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

This forum you posted in has a stickied thread for advice on building a pc at the top if you get no bites here it might pay to copy/paste your question there

unsubbed

3. skydreamer

skydreamer Newbie

Do you mean "The Official PC building thread - 4th Edition" thread?
    I didn't post there because "In case you want to ask something like "What components should I pick for my new PC?", start a new topic to our PC building forum." was written on the top^^

Anyway thank you for the advice, I'll ask there and if I get yelled at for doing it I'll blame you.
    Haha just kidding, thank you :D

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

lol..i didn't see the fine print,just link to your topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.