1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a pretty thorough diagnosis. need trouble shooting. x3 mod frag.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by lucface, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lucface

lucface Member

xecuter3 xboxv1.0 wd160hd thomson(is that how you spell it)

this is almost the same post i already listed but more simplified and conclusive. i just need to eliminate posibilities...

i installed chip and drive at same time.
    wire came un soldered (after i put it back together ind tried to power up). took out wire install re installed with pin header. got to blue screen. everything is good.
    have a hard time breaking through the bios barier. never flashed bios. it was always one stupped thing stoping me. (my tv is blury, thomson doesnt kike memorex cd-r's, dont have a dvd burner,...)
    . i never even got to the loading screen. never got passed- install cd(it would ask for one, i would put it in, it would spit it back out at me after atempting to read it). never got passed- dchp adress. i never got it to load. i did not get to the screen were you watch the load bar fill up.

all of a sudden...

i try to turn on with chip enabled, like i did 10-15 times before.
    it starts blinking re/green after 3 etempts.
    it fraged before i could flash it. i could see the external xecuter3 switch light up. lan= orange hd=blue x logo stayd blue wile the christmas lights blinked untill i shut it down.

so i then tookit apart (xbox) and cleaned up the conections the best i could without a pen or anything. just solderd better conections. now for the big moment...

accidentely i pressed eject rather than power.
    it tried to boot three times wile blinking orange and green (never did this before).

i tried it again and it did the same but this time i pressed the power button. i actually forget- but i think it blinked orange and green and stayd blinking orange and green. i might be wrong about that. but at least once i am positive it did blink green and orange.

next i brought it over to my tv and pluged it in to see if there was anything going on. this time when i pressed the power button it tried green 3 times again then stayd blinking red and green. nothing on the screen.

i then long press the power to start with original micosoft bios and bypass the chip. it starts rite up!
    though it tells me i gota service my xbox, its cool cause i have a 160gb hd in there and it doesnt know it yet cause i havnt been able to flash anything at all yet.
    just to make sure, i plug in the original MS harddrive and see if it boots. it does. i play a little halo...
    all this shit started before i could figure my bios stuff out. so i dont think i screwd it up flashing. i was messing with the network ip bios load and couldnt even get to the site were you select your bios. (its in the xecuter3 flash bios tutorial @ there site)
    it craped the bed when i was messing with the network but i was unpluging and pluging new cords in the unit and mabey moved it,... maybe. i really dont think it happened at a sensable time. not after i did somthing or when i bumped it. just basically, as far as i can tell,on its own, like it just got board of being green.

when i press eject and power at the same time it goes purple (the xecuter logo) for basically as long as i prees it and then just goes red and my xbox starts up in reg MS bios mode(green)

so there yah go.. i wish i could get it working. care to help?
    Lucas

2. lucface

lucface Member

i also put the switch in all the 1meg configurations, then the 512s, then the 256s...
    and tried booting... nothing.

i want to try using the X3_erase xbe file. but i would have to be able to FTP into my Xbox to do so...which sucks (for obvious reasons). If i do have corrupted banks and cant boot the chip, how would i get the X3_erase file to my HD?