1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A problem has been detected

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by boobob1, Apr 12, 2007.

1. boobob1

boobob1 Member

ok so i come home today to an unpleasant surprise. i walked up to my pc and see the "blue screen of death" that says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. i tried restarting and when i did all i got was a screen that says we are sorry for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully. a recent hardware or software change might have caused this. i choose from the list of safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, or start windows normally. i chose them all and all i got was to the same blue screen. my numbers after stop are 0x000000BE. it is like a cycle that i cant get out of. i am typing this on a friends computer. if any one could help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

Can you give us the full error. BSODS ending in "BE" mean a driver attempted to write to read-only memory. We need to know the rest to help you fix it.