1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Problem I ran into with MusicMatch

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Nututhis, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I reformatted my HDD 2day like I always do once a year, & during the reinstalling all of my programs, Musicmatch downloaded version 9.0 instead of 8.2 (what I've been using for months now) I purchased a key from their site for $20 months ago but when I entered my reg key in 9.0 it wont upgrade. They also dont give you an option of saving an Exe file so you can save a version of the program, you always have to download load the most current. So now Im stuck with an old key and new version software.Does anyone have any suggestions??

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I am still using the same registration key that I bought about 4 years ago. It is working fine with the new version. They are lifetime keys.

Are you sure you are entering it correctly? All letters should be in capital letters and don't get (number 0) confused with (letter O). There probably are no letter O's. There should be 20 characters, 4 groups of 5 characters with hyphens between.
    http://wwws.musicmatch.com/faq/KEY003.htm

If you don't think you have the correct key, you can have them email it to you.
    http://www.musicmatch.com/form/support/customer/keys.htm

Archive versions.
    http://partners.musicmatch.com/archives/

3. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

It has to be entered correctly b/c I copy & paste it from a file I have. Thats the way I have always done it. Did you purchase the lifetime membership or just the $20 one?? Maybe this program doesnt work like I want it to. When I purchase software and a new version comes out, I would like to still use my version w/o upgrading all the times. Does MM not work like this?? Are you only allowed to download whatever current version they have out??

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I looked at the site again and I see that you can buy a key for the Plus version and it is extra for a Lifetime key like I have. So the key you have is probably just for the MM8 version you bought. They were much cheaper when I bought mine. I think I paid $30 for my Plus Lifetime key at that time.

You should be able to download the newest MM8 version from the archive site above and your key should work with that.

5. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I thought that link above would work but when I downloaded the Version 8, when its installing it automaticly search for updates and turned it into Ver 9. It seems like Im stuck. I'll have 2 either get a key from someone or bite the bullet & buy it(which I dont want to do)

6. thargor

thargor Member

Contact Musicmatch as I had this problem a few years ago and they helped me out, (this is called customer service)(sorry about the snide bitch, just fed up with not having companies reply)

Thargor