1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A problem occurred with digital copyright protection

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mindomine, Apr 6, 2005.

1. mindomine

mindomine Guest

I have been backing up my video collection for two months now with both X copy and dvd shrink with no problems. I currently have an hp 2.6 intel celeron with mad dog 8x dvd burner. I tried to burn Elektra and the dvd burner would not read the dvd. I tried playing with windows media player and trough inter actual player. Dvd shrink would'nt read the disk either. I used the dvd shrink earlier in the day with no problems. When trying to open with windows media player an error reads "C00D1163: A problem occurred with digital copyright protection" My question is how could this problem just happen and how do i fix it?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Rip the movie using DVDDecrypter and then use Shrink

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Just in case you aren't aware of it, the movie studios started using new types of encryptions on dvds around Nov. 2004. Before that Shrink could handle most of the decryption needed. Now it can't. The 2 best decrypter programs to use on these new movies are DVD Decrypter and Anydvd. Make sure they are the latest versions. They have been updated to handle the new encryptions now on some of the dvd movies.

Jerry

4. mindomine

mindomine Guest

Thanks for all the help. Dvd decrypter worked great.