1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about emulator vs. M3 DS Simply/R4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Eugene482, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Hi, right now, there is no working emulator that has compatibility for most DS games. But how come the slot solutions (Rom players - M3 DS/R4) have a compatibility to most DS games? Also, if each DS game is about 10-20 mb, why is it that you can only fit 10 games on 1GB microSD? Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I have another question. How common are dead pixels? I used to own a DS Lite and after 2 weeks, I had 2 dead pixels. Is there a way to avoid them? Why LCD monitors don't have dead pixels?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Hmm..

NO$GBA has virtually FULL Game compatability w/good speed

The slot-1 things use all of the DS's stuff, so they can run it and the ds thinks its a normal game cart.

Usually, ds games are 16/32/64 mb. FFIII is 128mb :O
    So.. 1gb = about 20 DS games..
    I have 35 on my 2gb one, with 250mb still remaning.

Dead Pixels are pretty rare. bout 1 in 500-1000 ive heard. if you get one, youll probs get another. its the screen thats to do with it. LCD monitors CAN get dead pixles. Mine did..

3. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Sorry, I meant the slot 2 (DS) - M3 DS Simply. Btw, is there a wrist strap for DSLites? I never seen one. THose would be convenient. I used to facour PSP, but I never had it. Then I saw how long it takes to load and big it is. With M3 DS Simply, DS almost reaches the PSP capabilities
    except of the graphical part. SO is DS better? Thanks.

4. spathi

spathi Regular member

Slot 1 and 2 devices run the software on the DS' own hardware, exactly how a regular cart would. The only difference where compatibility matters is where games require fast read times (which is only an issue with card loading devices, like R4) and saving (which is fixed by patching roms)

The M3 Simply and R4 are slot 1 devices.

Dead pixels are rare and you should not see any till at least 6 months from purchase unless you use it constantly (more than 8hrs/day). LCD TVs and monitors have dead pixels too and I would say its more common to have dead pixels in larger displays such as tvs and monitors.

You get a strap with the DS lite. Its in the box. The DS phat had an accessory that was a wrist strap with attached thumb-stylus thingy, which can be found with some retailers and online.

DS reaches PSP capabilities? I think you are being very subjective. The DS will never have the raw power that the PSP has at its disposal. Conversely the PSP will never be able to offer interaction at a level beyond pressing buttons.

For example a painting application for the PSP would just suck :)

5. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

!

with my launch DSL i didnt get a strap!

Im using an old wiimote strap..

6. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

omg so I bought a bad DS that time. Oh well, I might but it again because that one got returned. Coral Pink or Onyx.. I think Onyx. M3 DS Simply or R4... So what is it like watching movies on the DS?

7. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Myself, my best friend, and my sister all 3 own ds lites, none of them came with a wriststrap.