1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about lighting mods for xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Jpf566, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Jpf566

Jpf566 Member

Im just getting into the whole xbox modding thing and Ive installed a clear case. I want to light it up and I realized that the hard dirve uses a molex connecter. Im just wondering if its safe to plug one (or multiple) lights (LEDS or small neons) into that molex connecter. Im sure it would work since its molex im just not sure how much strain the power supply can take. So can in plug in any PC molex lights into my xbox? Thanks.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You can.. just don't overdo it. You can tell when you have too many because you start to get erratic boot and all sorts of strange disk read errors.

Check out http://www.llamma.com for case mods, lighting mods, led tutorials and lots of other really cool cosmetic mods.

One of the moderators on the forums there TimXirish has one of the best lit xbox mods I have seen.. He's a member here too. There is a link to him in my buddies on my profile.. If you decide to give him a shout say I sent you.. and don't be a numpty.. he's a good friend and a nice guy.