1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the females amongst us.......(something for the w/end)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Nov 21, 2003.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You know it is considered 'gentlemanly' to hold a door open for a lady......(eg car, restaurant etc)

Well, would you still consider it gentlemanly, if you knew the only reason we did it was so that we could 'eye you up' from the front as you walk through and 'eye you up' from behind as you pass by.....?????

Not meaning to sound a perve or anything, but I thought about this when a lady at work HELD a door open for me and said 'nice arse' as I walked through.......

Anyone have any other theories...?

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I hold doors open for women, so if a band of nija's is about to attack. I can use the girl as a human sheild. Isn't that why everyone lets the women go first?

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LMAO. I hold the door regardless. :)

4. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Nahhh, I don't hold the door, the guy that works there does it. You see I only go to expensive places. LoL!!

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Tim Hortons can be a great place to take a date. There is Coffee, donuts and now soup and sandwiches. It can also be expensive depending on your income. or lack of income.
    But this is a good question. I have female friends that are all women power ete, but still want to be considered fragile. Quite odd really, to be a gentleman can be hard. Don't want to insult, but also don't want to disrespect.

Ladies what is the proper balance?

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

What about doors?

I agree.....very hard to know the right way to go about things....but it is always fun aiming to please......

LOL Prisoner....I think a question of which an answer would give us the secret....and I don't think there gonna let us in.......

I do think though the females of the world have become alot more independent, a trait which I find VERY sexy.........womens lib....I'm lovin it.....:)

7. Praetor

Yay Tim Hortons! (ALthough I must admit I'm more of a Second Cup/Williams Coffee Pub fan :p)

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Williams is good. The first time and last time ever at a Williams was in KW. Doesn`t seem to be really big anywhere else.
    But about Doors, we need places without doors. So lets take ladies to the washroom! the only place you don`t have to worry about opening the door. Any other door free places? I think that would be a good, hard to do in Canada but good all the same. Elimate the problem.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I hold the door open to women and the elderly generally to be polite and come across as such. I do however, enjoy holding the door open for a particularily nice women, but regardless of that i do it anyway.

On another point, do women still strive for equality in the workplace and society in general? I believe they do. Yet they would still complain, if not just to themselves, when someone doesnt hold the door open for them. Is that equality? Women want equality, but when they get, they want more. For instance, in Northern Ireland, there is a political partty called the 'womens coalition'. can you imagine the outroar if there was a party called the 'mens coalition'. Also, we find ourselves in a situation where women are complaining that there are no women in high positions in certain businesses and are campaigning for them to get the higher jobs. Does that mean that women get an unfair advantage over men going for the same position? Did anyone stop to think that maybe the reason that there werent women in a high position in that firm was more to do with the fact the a higher porportion of males with higher degree's of qualification applied for it? Should we give the lesser qualified women the job, merely based on her sex?

Being practical and pragmatic is a very important part of any business. A business needs a manager who will be there to run the business, therefore a career woman who intends on having kids at some point will be a liability to that business since for 3 or 4 months of the year of pregnancy and birth, the woman will not be able to adequately run the business. Therefore, it terms of practicality, woman are not suited to being in positions of great authority. Can you see a woman becoming the president of the US? What happens if she were to get pregnant and have a kid. Would the people have to understand that their president cannot make the big decisions over a period of time due to her pregnancy? Would the country suffer because of this? We all know how touchy a woman can get during here period, a president might get too touchy and end up starting a war with a country. That last point was a bit of a joke.

Sorry for rambling on about this, but woman, who tend to be weaker (break down and cry more) and less able to carry out tasks that men take for granted, will probably never really be equal. However, what womens rights campaigners should be campaigning for is for women to be given the same chance as men, not get the jobs that men have. I dont think this has much to do with the original topic, but i wanted to get it off my chest :-D

Chris

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Hey Oriphus, great to see you around. I haven't seen you on a chit chat thread in a long time.
    However I do disagree with, well most of what you said. A female president I think would be a great idea. And the problem with you logic is What is the average age of the US President? It is really freakin old. When Bob Dole talks about the war he means World War 2. So when I female jumps the political ladder and makes to President she will be well past Menopause and will no longer have periods or the babies.
    Also depending on the job any one should be able to still do work on leave. What do CEO's do? they attend meetings, write reports, and talk to people. This is extreamly easy on the phone, on a Notebook computer and with wireless internet. SO using today's technology I think any one can leave for a while. I heard stories of Women still using Palms to write documents and comunicate with other while in the hospital. A bit of nusence of the Nurses. But honestly I think you have more of an arguement for low rank jobs. Can a pregant woman come into a lab and clean, remove reagents, do experiments (research) No they shouldn't. So the do nothing but sitting and thinking jobs I think fit Women very well, the busy actually do something possitions I think would be harder. But oddly enough these are the jobs we give them now._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2003
  11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LMAO....I cannot believe such a simple question could have spurred such a debate.......LOL....

I am all for equality......obviously the pregnancy issue is down to medical and common sense.....

But c'mon lets have some more females in power positions and the government.....after all most of the effing problems have been caused by the blokes of the government......

Who cares if their policies are outrageous and are based on floral patterns and wicker baskets......hire them all, it would make a nice change......

And nope before you ask, I am not female.....

Yeah......to GIRL POWER.........

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - just thought id get a wee debate going on the issue lol :D

I aint be around much lately - no time. I've coursework and examsn for uni (in fact i have an exam in 2 hours) and im doing physio twice a week. On top of that i am playing football every Monday (training), Wednesday (match), Thursday (training), Friday (Gym + Fitness Suite), Saturday (match), Sunday (gym). Now add into the equation University 5 days a week (various hours), watching football on most of those days, also add in watching a movie with my g/f a few ties a week, also add in going out for a few drinks once or twice a week, and you will see im very busy. lol

I pop in and out when i can :D

13. Praetor

You dont see that stopping me do you? :p

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - no i dont :D

However, im not sure if you have the same sort of ex curriculum activities as i do. My timetable is rather full lol. I have to have time for my girlfriend as well.

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oriphus that is commenting below the belt, all your time is taken up by your girlfriend. Just tell her if she misses you she can find you on afterdawn.
    :p

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - actually i only see her about half an hour to an hour every other day, unless we go out at night. Most of my time is taken up with playing soccer for my university or watchin it.

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Right Soc Her, I know that sport. Any way now I am really get off topic.

Any comments on North American women versus European women. It is occasionally discussed that guys here get European women, because they are more complient.
    Also is there any Women out there that can comment on this thread!! Seem likes just guies ranting._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2003
  18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Here....Here.....

LOL, I actually started this thread with the females in mind but up to now, zippo.....

C'mon ladies.......anyone want a dance with the sheep...LOL

19. RedNekk

RedNekk Member

I'm going to have to say that i agree with some of the things that Oriphus had to say. I don't exactly feel comfortable with a woman in a position that she was given because of her sex. This is just plain unfair to men. I also feel the same is true about the racial thing. Why give a man or woman a job (even though there were several more qualified people that applied for the job) based on the color of their skin. I know that this sounds racist, but it really is a problem where i live. The job market is severely lacking in my neck of the woods. I just feel that if we are going to allow groups of people to lobby and campaign (which we should i guess) there needs to be a group of people to stand up for everyone in general that is getting railroaded by affermative action. I also think that judging a persons ability to perform a certain job or task on their appearance i wrong. If a man has really good credentials, but has long hair and an earing, he should be concidered the same as the woman with a large chest. Equal rights should be just that regardless of skin, sex, or visual appearance. Well you get the picture...

i do appologize if i have offended anyone. I guess i'm just having a bad day....

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Wow, its gone for holding doors open for ladies into discussion on the idealological world where things work. I completely agree Rednekk. However the problem is bias, that is everyone may be the same, but an interviewer may not understand a person from a different background. Thus a briant Japanese person who speaks poor english or spells like I do, would have a lot of trouble. And it is really hard to hire based on paper, as comunication is really critical thing. Don't get me wrong, I would love to live in a world where every one was on the same ground. But in this world I can't see it.
    Which begs the question, if in the Matrix people are used for power, why was the matrix multicultural? Would only the best race for power be selected? Or are all races and sex equal and that was why multi cultural?
    Every time I ask this question, people say that the matrix should only be one race. And the majority of the answers mentiond is either all African American or Asian. What does that say about the general vission of performace? Everyone thing about that.