1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TheOnly, Dec 12, 2004.

1. TheOnly

TheOnly Guest

Hi, I just found these forums...they're VERY helpful if I do say so myself. Anyways, on to the question....I currently use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink...basic tools. But, for some reason The Bourne Supremacy and The Punisher after decrypted to a folder on my desktop, cannot be opened in DVD Shrink.

Here's the steps i'm currently taking:

1.Decrypt movie to a folder on my desktop.
    2.Open Dvd Shrink.
    3.Open File.
    4.Click Open Disc Image.
    Here's where things go wrong...

I always make sure the analyzing/encoding is working properly by enabling video preview. So once I check this in the frame where the movie should be at there's this weird picture for both movies. The picture i'm guessing is just a standard error clip. It has a boy running across a checkered sidewalk of some sort. The thing is, it shows this for both movies...

So in turn, I was just curious if maybe someone can give me some pointers on how I might be able to rip these DVD's.

Thanks.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Have you tried using Shrink for the complete process. Shrink is also a decrypter and in most cases can do the complete job of decrypting, ripping and compressing in one step. Decrypting with Decrypter is usually only needed if Shrink can't do the job. Then in Shrink's settings set it to auto burn with either Nero or Decrypter as the burn engine.

Jerry

3. TheOnly

TheOnly Guest

Yeah Jerry, I tried that, I usually only you shrink but I downloaded the decryptor hoping it could fix my problem, but it didn't work. Since it had the exact same error image for both movies i'm guessing it may be some special copyright code because these 2 are the only movies i'm constantly getting these problems with...

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I haven't tried those movies yet but have read others did them without any problems. Check the originals very close for damage, fingerprints or dirt. Could be corrupt data on the originals also. The data may play Ok but causes problems when being ripped. Hard to say exactly what the problem is on just those movies.

Jerry

5. TheOnly

TheOnly Guest

Thanks Jerry, but yeah I cleaned Bourne Supremacy after it didn't work and even rented a different copy. None of it seems to be working correctly, I don't know what the deal is...

6. TheOnly

TheOnly Guest