1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick question about XBOX mod chip (Please Help you smart people out there :) )

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jateshk, Apr 18, 2003.

1. jateshk

jateshk Member

Ok here it is. I have a ps2 with a mod chip and I love it. I have the magic 3.1 and really enjoy it. I just went and bought a xbox last week and I wanted to chip it. My question is that is the xbox mod chip same function a the ps2 chips. I wanted a chip with good install, one that I dont need any boot disk and I can make the back ups pretty fast .

My question is which is the best mod chip?

DO I have to have some kind of boot disk to play my xbox backups? (i HATE BOOT DISKS THATS THE REASON I LOVE MY PS2 CAUSE I JUST POP IN MY BACKUP AND NO PROBLEM)

Is making a copy of xbox games esay and can they all fint in a dvd r?

And do u think that it is harder or eisier to use (the mod chip) than the ps2 modchips.

Thank you guys so much for all your help. I hope I become a great xboxer as I have become a great expert in PS2. You guys here are afterdawn rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2003
  2. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

i would advise you to get the Xecuter2 lite.

it comes with a bios and only has 10 wires to install. oh and it tends not to come out of alignment!!!!(seen as its souldered in)

you will not need any boot disk to run backups.

Backing up your games is easy too, you just connect your xbox to your pc and copy the files to hard drive. then create an iso file and burn it do dvd or cd-rw (not cd-r)

i think that its probably easier to use than the ps2.. (just my opinion)

hope this helps....

3. jateshk

jateshk Member

thanx for the reply hoppers. I have one more quick question.

I am still kind of confused about backing up the xbox games. So I have to connect the xbox to my cpu and then copy the game files from the original xbox game to the xbox harddrive?

And then do I make an iso from the xbox iso and burn iso from iso hard drive? I dont want to copy the game to the harddrive because I do not wish to upgrade the drive.

If you can can someone be more specific how to backup.. It would be great!!!

Thanks guys!!!!!

4. jateshk

jateshk Member

also, why do we need to connect the xbox to burn the xbox games?

Can we just copy the xbox games using "exact copy" methoh w/o having to connect the xbox?
    I usually can make a direct copy of ps2 games so thats why im wondering.

Thanks ya'll!

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the reason you gotta connect is because your PC cant read the xbox disc. they will show a false file size and you cant get the data from it. so you gotta transfer the files thru ethernet because the xbox is the only thing that will read the game content.

6. jateshk

jateshk Member

thank. Ok so I am going to probally get the execuaur lite chip. What is the difference between lite and pro. Also will I beable o back upp all of the xbox games (dvd5 atleast)???

thanx

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

dont know on the chip, i got a matrix chip that i still have yet to get going. got a bad one and gotta send it back

Last edited: Apr 18, 2003