1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick question.......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Seanix, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Seanix

Seanix Member

I copied one of my DVD's to my HD because I had no media at the time, now when I burned it tonght, it played on my DVD player like it was scrambled, but the audio was fine.
    I used DVD shrink, open file etc etc, but my question is when Shrink started the backup it encrypted the file that had already been encrypted to the HD again. Is this the cause of my problem?
    On a sidenote...the DVD worked fine in my computer DVD Rom, and just incase someone says it my stand alone player CAN play DVD-R.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Is there any chance that the original dvd you copied to your HD was in PAL video format and you are now playing it on a NTSC format system. The scramble effect is usually what you get when that happens. It may also play only in black and white with the scramble. Just a guess.

Jerry

3. Seanix

Seanix Member

Thats exactly what happens! Now is there anyway of changing the format of the copy on the HD to the NTSC video format??

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I have never had to do that myself. If you type NTSC to PAL in the search box at the page top you should get several hits on it. I also heard a program called DVD Santa can do it. Again, I haven't used it so I'm not sure.

Jerry