1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Quick Simple HDD Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by locobrown, Apr 28, 2007.

1. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

When you create a xbox hdd from scratch then lock it, will the pc detect the locked drive? I hooked up my locked powered down xbox drive just to see if i could unlock it but my pc could not detect it. Or is it just my pc? The stock xbox is my backup drive i already upgraded my box with a new drive i don’t have any softmod problems or hardware failure, (yet, a softmod is always bound to go wrong sooner or later)its just that I want to gain more knowledge so that in a rare event something does happen I'll know that maybe its my pc that cant detect. In order for my pc to detect the drive must i do the hotswap trick so that the xbox unlocks it? I was just wondering.

I’m using an old Gateway GP633 to create drives, I've made many successful drives for many of my friends. I know that the pc works, maybe for only creating drives but not reading them. Has this occurred to you any of you. Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

try un-locking the drive then put it in the pc

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

This means that certain pc's can read locked drives then. After creating the new drive, I have never ran the lunix iso again trying to see if the pc could detect it i've always gone straight to xbox and reconnected the drive. This is something new for me.

4. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

Its the cd that is reading the drive but windows cant because it is locked

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I meant that the lunix iso can no longer detect the drive. System info is always displayed at initial boot or within the bios settings but my pc cant detect the drive. I pulled out the upgraded drive out of my xbox and still my pc cant detect the locked drive. The pc i use to create drives is only dedicated for creating drives. Im thinkin its my pc bios that i need to upgrade.