1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A real newbie question :)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bonitah, Feb 24, 2005.

1. bonitah

bonitah Member

I recently got a computer with a dvd burner on it..and I am finally getting used to backing up my dvds...(not making nearly as many coasters as I did originally..LOL) But I have a couple of questions.. :)

I am a little confused as to what you can put on a dvd+R disc. Obviously you can back up your dvd's but what else can you burn onto dvd+r's? Can you say burn mp3's on to a dvd+r? And if so... would just be for storage purposes? Or could you actually play them somehow...

I know these questions are probably really *duh* but hey..someone has to ask the *duh* questions may as well be me...hehe...:)

bonitah :)

2. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

You can use them like your CDs if you'd like to store loads of stuff eg backup your system. Just remember to leave the burn sessions open (multisession) if your not going to fill the disk in one go, or you'll end up with partly filled disks.

You can put hundreds of your MP3's on'em too and play them back on your computer.

Don't think you can play them back on any old device its got to be a reader that will read DVD's unless you burn it as a music disk with your burning software.

Hope this helps a little

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  3. aleitz

aleitz Member

You can use the DVD+r as audio, call DVD-Audio, but can only play on DVD players. I think you need the software to do so too.