1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A really quick tech question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by genocidal, Oct 27, 2004.

1. genocidal

genocidal Member

I am new to the modding experience and i recently purchased a Aladdin Live with Programmer for my xbox.. i did as well buy the Xapter Sodderless Adapter now i had a few questions on my mind that im alittle curious about. if anyone would know. The sodderless adapter.. when u install it and plug in the mod is there more soldering involved after u plug the mod into the solderless adapter or is that it u just plug n play..? and and another thing.. anyone know where i can get th evolution bios (it has like a halo background) seems to me to be byfar most the easiest bios ive ever seen especially for someone new like me..

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Sup,
    Ok, on the solder-less adapter, im preety sure that you wouldnt need to do any soldering; otherwise it wouldnt be called "solderless". The bios, there are lots of bios's you can download, for you, i would prefer is the Evox M8 bios. It does just about everything you want,except hdd's larger than 137 gb, then regardless of bios you are using, you need to patch it, Craxtion is best at patching it. Inorder to access these files, you need to go to #xbins on MIRC. Check out xbox-scene.com for a great tutorial.

3. genocidal

genocidal Member

hmm sounds good only part im alittle confused about is the patching.. i mean im a xbox live fan i play on live 24/7 i decided to get a mod chip casue im running low on money casue i got fired from my recent job .. they were laying people off and i decided to putin a mod cause i cant wast 50 dollars on games no more.. i understand that moded games u cant play online but what better game is goign to be better then halo 2 hehe but goig b ack to the bios.. yes the evox.. i was wondering abotu that one.. it has like a halo background and its very reasy a friend of mine has it and i like it especially for someone new like me.. but anyways.. where would i be able to get that evox m8 and if u can as well clarify alittle more baout the patching cause i dont know anything about patching for mod chips im brand new to this modding hehe

4. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Forget about the patch, you will only need it if you are planning on installing a hard drive larger than 137 gb. Otherwise, just forget about it......;).

5. genocidal

genocidal Member

yea im using the stock but i have few a questions.. would xbox live be able to determine if i have a mod or not ? like are there any flaws about this chip i mean i heard it has this mode where if microsoft wanted to see if ur box is modded it makes ur box look normal is that true?

lets say i decide to one day take the chip out.. willme original settings go back like i mean like xbox original bios liek and all my saved games n crap [original dashboard]?

and finally where can i get the sexy evoX hehe...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Inorder to go live with a mod-chip, the mod-chip needs to be turned off. Thats it. Also, when loaded with to the original xbox dashboard, be sure that you are using the retail bios, not any other bios. But im preety sure that when you turn the mod-chip off and reboot again, everything is loaded with the retail bios and dashboard, so your all good....:). If you were to remove the mod-chip, it would work exactly the same, as if there was no chip inside. Except, be careful of the d0 wire, because, after all isnt it derouting the power for the orginal bios away?. And yes, your game saves and such would still be there!.

p.s: i would suggest, from my experience, that you would leave the chip inside the xbox, and just turn it off, when you want to go on live.

p.p.s: msg back if you need anymore assistance!!

7. genocidal

genocidal Member

thank you so much. for the advice.. i have more questions but im not a fan of forums hehe is there a way i can contact you like aim or something.. we can keep in touch ... no homo now.. haha friend wise hehe

8. genocidal

genocidal Member

I need serious help...i got the chip (aladdin live)today and iwant to put the Evox Bios on it before i put it in my xbox...now i havent installed the xapter sodderless adapter in but i will later on i want to program this chip first.. i downloaded the ALaddin Live Programmer and i dont know if ur supposed to see the chip in ur pc through the usb cause i cant. and i dont even know if im doing this right...can someone guide me on how to work this thing....