1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A repair for your ailing System Restore

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 2oldGeek, Apr 24, 2014.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

There are a lot of us who don’t use System Restore because it don’t work or screws things up. My system restore hasn’t worked for some time and I couldn’t find a fix that worked.

Today I downloaded a newer copy of Tweeking.com – windows repair and found a button on the bottom of the Start Repairs page labeled “Beta Repairs” and checked it out.
    It’s a Repair for System Restore so I gave it a try and it WORKS! Now my System Restore works like it should..
    I happy camper.. [​IMG]

2. aldan

aldan Active member

good to know for the next time mine screws up.ive fixed it several times but cant remember how.gotta start writing things down.lol

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I have fixed it a few times but this last time I just could not get it.
    I tried everything except except update repair with a system disc and I refused to try that. The last time I did it screwed my computer so bad it took me 3 days to straighten it out. lol I have all my libraries and desktop moved to a second drive and the M$ repair disk just doesn't know how to handle it........

Tweaking.com fixed it in about 30 seconds.....

4. aldan

aldan Active member

im definitely gonna get this program.but i beg a question.if ive tweaked windows and modified some of my services will this program change them all back to windows default? reason i ask is i cant remember all the mods i did to my windows.lol.ive already got their registry backup program and love it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

look it over... on the repair page each repair has an explanation of what it does and you can pick and choose what you need. go to tweaking.com and look over his site he has some great programs and a forum.

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

oh yeah, he also has a speed/performance/useful tweaks program so I doubt that his repairs will screw up any tweaks. I haven't noticed any disappearing after using it...

7. aldan

aldan Active member

cool.ive had that site bookmarked for some time now.thanks 2old.

8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

might check it out.last time i tried system restore it couldn't read 1 of the system files and took about 3 hours to fix.

also managed to mess up a reg file months bk running cleaning tools.

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Tweaking.com – Windows Repair is IMHO the best tool for making registry repairs especially after a malware attack that has screwed up some of the settings like permissions and file associations. I use it after cleaning malware from a computer and also to backup the registry and set a restore point before cleaning so I will have a safety net in case something goes wrong in the cleaning process..

This is to show how it can repair your System Restore module if it stops working correctly.

Open the program and go to Tab 5 to make a registry backup and set a restore point First..

[​IMG]

After making the backup open the Start Repairs Tab..

[​IMG]

When you click Start, if you haven’t made a backup it will give you the opportunity..

The Repair screen opens and at the bottom of the screen you will see a button that says Beta Repairs, click it..

[​IMG]

The beta repair is for repairing the System Restore..

[​IMG]

Click the start button and it will only take a few seconds to make the repair.. It also gives you another chance to make a registry backup if you haven’t yet.