1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Simple question Re SVHS Lead Length and Quality

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by honeheke, Jan 18, 2005.

1. honeheke

honeheke Member

HI...Having purchased a SVHS Pal VCR, a SVHS NTSC VCR and a DataVideo TBC I do not want to blow recapturing all my VHS tapes by using wrong Leads/Cables...
    So I would be grateful for advice re (1) the cable length,does it matter? (2) Should I buy cables that are special like gold plated plugs etc...
    Any Comment will be very much appreciated..
    Thanks Ron.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If possible use a S-Video Cable if your VCD"s have a S-Video output but if not then you have to use RCA Cables...

It is good Not to use RCA/S-video Cables that are too Long because the Signal gets weaker the longer the Cable and the more Chance of interferance...I wouldn"t use RCA Cables Longer than 6ft unless you have a Signal booster or a Video stabilizer and S-Video cables Longer than 10ft...
    The Cables I use are Gold Plated Double EMI Insulated Cables and they work Great ,They cost more than Twice as much as the Cheapo cables but it is Worth it....

Cheers

3. honeheke

honeheke Member

Minion...Your Reply is very much appreciated...Thanks Ron