1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A simple suggestion : simplifying the forum layout.

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by The_Fiend, Mar 27, 2007.

1. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Lately, i've been noticing an increasing amount of folks *newbies, juniors, members, and sometimes even seniors* getting lost around the forums, due to the enormous first page, listing all subforums directly.

What i suggest is a few simple changes to the layout to make things easier to navigate.

Let's say we have the main forums page, http://forums.afterdawn.com/ in this case, with just headline of each subforum (I.E. Announcements, high def. video, etc.) rather than having the headline and then listing all the forums, the way it is now.
    An example of what i mean would be the way xtreme source is layed out, *not my favorite example forum, but i have to hand it to them, it's easier to navigate* having a forum for consoles, and having to click that to see all console forums listed.
    In the case of the console/videogame forums, i suggest a sub-division for each system, to keep things looking clean and neat.

Now, don't get me wrong here, i don't want the look of the forum to change *i love the way it looks just the way it is* but the way all the forums are layed out could be better, hence this suggestion.
    And before i finish this, a final suggestion : putting forum headlines in alphabetical order, liek the forums themselves are already.

If my description is too confusing for you admins, i'll do a little schematic to explain it a bit clearer.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I agree completely.

dRD mentioned this seemingly in reply to a comment I made earlier on in the "more xbox 360 sections" thread..

Might aswell post my input from that thread here..

So, yeah, sounds good to me. :)