1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A windows error - abnormal program termination

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by TjMc22, Dec 24, 2005.

1. TjMc22

TjMc22 Member

ok Just resently when i try to open things like control panel,My computer, and others. I get this error.

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime libray
    Program : c :\windows\explorer.exe
    abnormal program termination

im sure this question has been asked alot before and i should of looked around to find the answer but this is just eaiser and were talking about my computer and not some1 elses with a similar problem.

2. DVDBURNUP

DVDBURNUP Guest

How is your pc running in general ? Off the top of my head I would have to say, ... sight unseen that your pc is infected with either a virus (s), trojan (s), spyware. I would suggest a product like spyware doctor or F secure. I also just would like to say that just about every pc we see is infected in some sort. Thw heavily infected ones we have to run 3 -4 programs, for some reason not all the malware is removed by just one program. Afetr you are sure your computer has been cleansed you may want to go to Microsoft updates.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread title renamed, no profanities pls, even if fairly mild, in thread titles.