1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a03 not reading any discs any more. Light just flashes

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by pikey, Aug 5, 2003.

1. pikey

pikey Member

Hey all I have had my a03 for ovver a year. No problems burning CD-r's or dvd-r's until a couple of days ago. Now it doesnt even read any discs. The light just flashes yellow all the time til I take a disc out.
    Windows recognizes the drive. PLayed around with the PIO settings, pop the drive in a different machine adn upgraded the bios to 2.0
    Any sugestions, beside buya n ew one :)

Thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Could be time for a new drive im afraid. Sorry, no other suggestions

3. pikey

pikey Member

thats what I figured but I did see thisDVD-R/RW Computer Drives and DVD Recorders Download Page

(See Links Below)

LONG BEACH -- As the DVD Forum releases the specifications for new high-speed discs for DVD recording, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. announces that many of its DVD-R/RW computer drives and DVD recorders will require a firmware update in order to avoid potential damage to the units and discs. The update process is free and relatively simple, and it is extremely important for owners of these products to make sure it is completed prior to using any new high-speed discs for recording.

The DVD Forum has established new standards for high-speed recordable discs (4X for DVD-R and 2X for DVD-RW). Various media manufacturers have begun production of these discs that will soon be available in the marketplace. The source of the problem is a firmware "bug" in certain Pioneer DVD-R/RW recorders and drives, and not with the high-speed media itself. As a result, use of the new high-speed discs for recording on these particular Pioneer products may cause damage to both the loaded disc and to the drive/recorder. The following drives and recorders may be affected:

* Pioneer DVR-7000 DVD recorder
    * Pioneer PRV-9000 Professional DVD recorder
    * Pioneer DVR-A03 computer drive
    * Pioneer DVR-103 computer drive
    * Pioneer DVR-A04 computer drive
    * Pioneer DVR-104 computer drive

In addition to the above models, certain OEM computer systems containing Pioneer-manufactured DVD-R/RW drives are affected.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member