1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A06/106 hacked Firmware upgradeable

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bigntasty, Nov 14, 2003.

1. bigntasty

bigntasty Member

my question is if I get the hacked firmware so I can rip at 12x will it be upgradable later as in can I upgrade reguarly when the next firmware comes out or do I have to find hack versions. Also would I mess up my 106 if I did the 1.07 reg firmware and then did the 1.07 hacked firmware? Thanx a lot also I am useing the 106D dvd writer by pioneer.

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

You should be able to do it. Actually you should way for the hacked, as the next original will drop the rip speed at 2x again, so you will not benefit by installing it.
    What I suggest to all is not to change firmwares all the time. Since you have no problem there is no need to flash a firmware that fixes bugs, you may only want to flash a firmware which makes your drive better.
    Anyway, don't worry Pioneer 106D is one of the most popular drives and the new hacked firmware will be releashed quickly.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i'm still on v5 for 106 no problems at all! i rip with a 16x dvd-rom separate drive! i got 6 bay pc full tower...

thx...