1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A2DP Bluetooth profile for Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mccannjo, May 28, 2007.

1. mccannjo

mccannjo Member

I am not sure if I am in the right forum, but here goes. I have an ASUS G1 with internal Bluetooth. I recently bought a speaker (BIWAS-20) that plays audio via the A2DP Bluetooth profile. For some reason, the packaging did not include the speaker's software. Windows Vista recognizes the speaker when I attempt to pair it with the computer, but it does not "connect", and thus does not play. Specifically, when I go to "Sounds" in the control panel to tell the computer to play my audio through the Bluetooth speaker, the option is not available (the people at Anycom (manufarcturer of speaker) has said that the option should be there). It is as if Vista does not realize that there is a bluetooth speaker available to it, even though my Bluetooth card recognizes the speaker. I won't get into the gory details, but basically Anycom did not include a driver for the speaker. I have heard that Vista does not come with an A2DP driver out of the box, but that any manufacturer of a bluetooth device using that profile should include the driver with the software. Anycom is proving to be a bunch of idiots. Does anyone know of a generic A2DP device driver for Vista? (sorry for long winded explanation, but I just wanted to make sure the situation is understood completely)

2. slaman

slaman Member

Try installing an updated WIDCOMM stack... google "uncrippling bluetooth vista" for the article on how to do it.