1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A790

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by warrent2, Dec 16, 2012.

1. warrent2

warrent2 Member

I have a A790 with A780 fw on. Its glitching like hell, ive plenty of signal and have even switche dto a neighbours feed iuncase weather had corroded my wire. I have a subbed box and know how to get my net id up how do i enter it on the A790 as i normally just select a tp from the list of 50 or so which may not be right

2. e45

e45 Regular member

you need to get your area and if you check vergin website you will fine they are having tv problems at the present time.

what subbed box you got ?

3. warrent2

warrent2 Member

this has been goign on for months now, its defo not the cable, my cable feed was +1db on my neighbours its now down to -5 a more normal range, my net all the way through this is fine, when scanning directly from the feed without spliters it still only shows on the 790 70% max snr but always 100% quality. How comes when its been running @ +1 also? you think both these ranges could be a problem and could benifit from a 3db attenuator on the -5snr feed? My pal whos an installer is puzzled, i have a min tiv sub, thanks again as always E (y)

4. e45

e45 Regular member

70 signal and 70 quality is about right your range on your 100 is way way too high try putting on a splitter and see will it reduce you quality, you have the latest firmware on your box 11/11/12 ?

5. warrent2

warrent2 Member

yes i have the latest fw :)

i added another 2way spliter as there was already a 3way on the system. My snr is another -2 to -7db so ive now tried +1 -5 -7 ive also tried another line into the house is it not just kv? It glitches a few times every minute! no change really beetween the signal rates. When adding the 2nd splitter it says 60- 70 strenth (depending on channel) but still 100% quality :\

6. e45

e45 Regular member

You might need to put a variable attenuator on your line see does that fix your problem