1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAAAHHHHHH

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Zachne, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Zachne

Zachne Member

Ok here's my problem! I have a Ipod Video and can't get it to show up on itunes so I can update!! How do I make this happen??? I already held the Menu and center to restart my ipod but that just turns it right back on and dosen't reset anything!! Then right after holding the menu and center an apple shows up when that happens I tryed holdin play and center to reset the firmware but still doesn't sync with itunes is there anyone out there that can help me???

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

The fact that the "Apple" logo is showing up means that you are resetting your iPod sucessfully..

Firstly, try simply resetting your computer. This can be a simple cure to this common issue.

Does your iPod fail to mount on your desktop completely, or just in iTunes (do you get a "do not disconnect" screen on your iPod?) If it simply doesn't mount period,

Try slipping your iPod into disk mode. (Have a look at the following article if you are unsure of how to do so; http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93651 )

Once you have put your iPod into disk mode, it will mount on your computer. Now you need to restore your iPod using the Updater. This reverts your iPod back to "factory state", and you will lose the data on your iPod. (If you are not sure of how to restore your iPod, have a look through the following document; http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60983 )

After you have done this, your iPod should be back in normal working order :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  3. Zachne

Zachne Member

Thanks! That did it! I never thought to simply just restart my computer. What an idiot!!!