1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aargh!!! 2-Pass Encoding causes VDub to freeze

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by blueo2, Jun 3, 2002.

1. blueo2

blueo2 Guest

Hey, I've been trying to encode a divx movie using the guides. All goes fine until when I start the Job Control. The two jobs (first pass and second pass) are there but when I hit start, the status window appears and nothing is encoding. It just sits there; no error message. I try to abort the whole job to no avail and I have to kill the whole program. Some notes: I've tried 4.12 and 5.0.2., and 1-pass works fine. Also I have to use DivX ;-) Audio because there's no codecs listed for MPEG Layer-3. It's all F'ed up. Thanks - karl@blueo2.net

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

One question: Did you change the 1st pass's VBR setting as "2-pass, first pass"? 99.9% of all complains that we've received are that guys have forgot to change it from "1-pass" to "2-pass, first pass".

3. blueo2

blueo2 Guest

Yep, made sure of that...

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ok, this is the guide that you should always follow, the other one (4:3) simply isn't complete:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2divx_anamorphic.cfm

...anyway, make sure that both resolutions -- after cropping AND resizing -- are multiplies of 16. Otherwise the DivX codec will just hang/crash/call your grandma.

5. blueo2

blueo2 Guest

thanks, I'll see how it goes.