1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Able to burn data but not video

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by FrancoisP, Mar 29, 2005.

1. FrancoisP

FrancoisP Member

I am not very familiar with what's involved in burning DVDs but I am wondering if I have been looking in the wrong direction.

My new Gateway 820GM came with a DVD burner. I installed Nero (Vision Express and all) and I found I could burn data DVD wihtout problems but I can't seem to make a good video DVD to be played in regular DVD players. Either the disk doesn't close or the process completes but the DVD will stutter when playing.

After trying other software (Clone DVD, DVD Shrink, DVD Architect) I found I had the same problems.

Yesterday I got angry and went out and purchased an external USB 2.0 DVD writer.

It behaves the same way!!!

Why does data DVD buring work and not video DVD burning?

By looking on the web I have read stuff about DVD encoders that I am not sure I understand. Is it possible that my problems revolves around my video card and not my DVD drive at all? Can someone please help as I already spent a lot of money and I am despairing. Thanks.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Check your other post. Double posting is frowned upon here in AD.