1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abortedburn=a coaster?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gurnard, Apr 15, 2005.

1. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

it may be of interest to newcomers like myself to backing up dvds. i went through the process of backing up a movie. ie shrink then deccrypter. when it got to the burning stage it said 16mins so i trundle of to make a cuppa. comes back after 28 mins and finds it is still syncronizeing cache. after another 5mins i decide to abort. instead of binning the disc as usual, i decided to play it instead. to my amazement, full movie no glitches. is this just a one off or is it wise to try all aborted discs before binning? geoff

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

After the burn when it synchronizes the cache, the disc is already done. Synchronizing cache is just for your computer itself.

I'd guess you shouldn't have this problem very often. But to answer your question, I would try out all "bad" copies just to make sure they are actually bad before chucking them. Sometimes if you choose to verify the disc after burning, it will verify bad but still be good.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  3. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

squizzle. thanks very much for your answer. all is now clear. as you say never had this happen before. geoff