1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About mini DVD-Rs

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by FullKnuX, Apr 20, 2005.

1. FullKnuX

FullKnuX Member

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody here had a good experience with other mini-DVDs than RITEK branded ones without tweaking the console's laser.
    And if RITEK media is the only one to play on an "untouched" GameCube, Where do you guys buy them?
    Seriously,I live in Canada and the only store I found with good prices is meritline.com but shipping cost to Canada is huge because they charge the cost of International Shipping.

(I'm planning to buy a MAX drive Pro and some mini DVD media to play game backups. I don't want to buy a miltimeter and tweak the laser of the GameCube....)
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. DonGio

DonGio Member

Hey FullKnux try blankmedia.ca i think they are based out of Vancouver...Okay price, and very fast shipping.
    I use RITEK/RIDATA minis sold there (ritekG04s) and boot using my memory card with Anaconda and AR. Never modified my laser either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  3. FullKnuX

FullKnuX Member

Cool, thanks for the tip.

But blankmedia.ca is a little bit pricy....
    Anyway, I can't find any cheaper so I'm probably gonna buy from them :p

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  4. rflorez

rflorez Guest

Hi, I'm very new to all this.. I am going to buy a GameCube, and I wat to know what is that Anaconda that you talk, and that AR. Is that I don't want to modify my laser.. I have downloaded Resident Evil 4 and The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and I want to play them.. Thanks, Please help me :)

5. FullKnuX

FullKnuX Member

Maybe you could read this thread:
    Golden FAQ -http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/177993

Basically, there are 4 ways to get gamecube to play backups

- Modchips
    - SDCard adapter
    - Phantasy star online and Broadband adapter
    - Max Drive Pro

Anaconda is one of the programs that you will execute on your gamecube (probably from your memory card, via SD Card or USB Cord (MaxDrive)) that will allow you to boot backups... I think GCOS does the same thing.

And I Think the Max Drive Pro solution is the cheapest way and probably the most simple to get things working (after the modchip), because it comes direcly with a boot CD.

Anyways, everything is explained in the FAQ I Mentionned.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  6. FullKnuX

FullKnuX Member

Oh, and AR stands for Action Replay, (from the same makers of MAX Drive Pro)