1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about soundcards...i have no idea...would they come with a case?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by billybob, Apr 9, 2007.

1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey erm,...just a quick question.

Soundcards. Would they most likely come intergrated in a case? (as psu's sometimes do..)

Ill be getting this case, or this one, you can advise me on which of those to get too lol.

Do any of them 2 come equipped with sound cards or anything? If not, christ....i have no idea what too look for, i havent a clue about them. If you have the time can you quickly find me on on ebuyer or something, a cheap one.

Thanks people.

P.S, when i ask which case out of the two, im looking for a quiet one primarily to be fair. :D

2. REAM

REAM Guest

sound ards are normally intergrated into the motherboard, so will nto come with a case, unless the case comes with a mobo.

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

4. REAM

REAM Guest

yes, that mobo has a sound card built in...

about your cases, i cant recomend them through personal use, or through a proper site review, sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Funny, and here i was thinking soundcards are usually added on, unless the mobo is stated as having onboard sound...
    But you are right, cases do not come with a soundcard, unless they come with a mobo that has a built in soundcard.

Billybob, if i where you i'd not get either of those cases, i'd just get a simple case, then buy a fancy PSU and put in lights and see through panels yourself, which is really easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thanks mate. How easy exactly to put see through panels in.

I was more bothered about the air intake and the sound as oppose to the lights and stuff.

And also i wouldnt know where to look for the lights or the see through panels.

Any help on the above two queries appreciated fiend. Thanks both of u.

7. REAM

REAM Guest

yeah you can buy sound cards for the pci or whatever, but i meant to be talking about intergrated sound....

didnt mean to use "card"...sorry

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

Oh i seee.
    So....if they have integrated sound, are sound cards not a neccesity?

Get back to me on my last post please Fiend mate.

9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It depends. I always disable the onboard sound and put in a standalone sound card.

If you plan on capturing streaming audio, some programs won't do it through an onboard sound chip.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  10. billybob

billybob Regular member

I see.

Well, im just using it for playing a few games....and ill sell it eventually.

So...not a neccesitie? Or if i do, ill get a cheap one.

11. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Putting in see through panels is as easy as taking off the shell, buying some clear plastic panels, and screwing/bolting them into place.
    I know for a fact most PC stores that build systems and/or sell parts to build your own pc will either stock, or be able to order any kind of fancy parts to "pimp" a system.

for example, last week i built a system that, except for the back panel and frame was completely see through, had water cooling, blacklights, and some christmaslight type leds.
    All it took was some *very minor* soldering, screwing/bolting things into place, and finding a beast of a PSU to power the whole thing.

As for the soundcard, investing a few bucks in a decent soundcard will make all the difference if you're using a PC speaker setup, or a simple amp.
    Personally, i use my mobo's onboard sound, send it to a tube pre-amp, then to a normal stereo amp, and presto, sound that makes the neighbours jump out of their chairs :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007