1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute noob at mods...please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by NoobLine, Aug 23, 2005.

1. NoobLine

NoobLine Member

OK...please help me before i go insane and destroy my xbox...i have the unleashX dashboard i want to copy a game to the original xbox hard drive i understand the ftp and all that so u dont need to go through that with me...if i just press the button on the dash that says copy game disk i get an error message...if i try to put dvd2xbox on my xbox...i go under apps and it isnt there...WTF...please help...im desperate

2. selivus

selivus Member

you probably need to download it (dvd2xbox0 from xbins (check out xbox-scene.com if you don't know how to do this or pm me) and reinstall it on your hdd. also, you might not even have enough room on your hdd for the game, just depends on the game. I would recomend putting in a new hdd in your xbox, at least a 160 gig. If you need info on this or want someone else to do it and have it set up and running for you i have great prices, pm me if your interested.

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

you know what Ten bucks says it's in the .xml where you tell it what folder to goto (and yet ten bucks says i'm wrong lol), You have to make sure that your folder you created matches that of where it's looking suck as <Path>E:\Apps</Path> it should be there in that folder and then it a folder of it's own (for multiple apps). if that isn't it tell me and i'll try to see what other problems are, and he is right but at the same time you can delete a lot of unecessary files to make it fit trust me lol.

PM me or post hopefully i'll see it if you post,
    Degalle

4. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

If your looking for something simple, easy and above all invisible! I'd recomend you get a Modchip, preferbly a Solderless one. You should probably look here first http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions_1.php to figure out which of the currently Eight different XBOX™ Model(s) you have. very VERY IMPORTANT! Even if you should decide to continue your Softmoding pursuits, you should still have an idea of which XBOX™ version you have. Perhaps it's more important for Softmoding as you can not recover as simply with a Modchip!!!

As for which 'Chip' to go with? Well I could say use Brand 'X'. But, then Three more People jump in here and flame me saying I'm full of it! And should therfore be useing Brand 'Y' Modchip instead. Again as for which 'Chip' to go with you should at first consider your 'Mad Skilz'. Can you Solder? If so you'll be able to save lots of Money by just getting a 'Cheap Mod' for around $10.00(USD) or so Dollars. If you can't Solder (Or don't want to!), Most Solderless Chips start off at around $40.00(USD) or so Dollars. If your looking for something that will support a furture LCD Screen. Then expect to pay about Twenty Dollars more.