1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC3 to DTS

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by WillG04, Mar 13, 2005.

1. WillG04

WillG04 Guest

Hello, im trying to convert the ac3 file in movies to dts and then putting it back together. The main part is the audio. I used to VobEdit to demux the vob. then i used HeadAC3he to convert the ac3 files into .wav, but minnetonka DTS encoding needs the 6 mono wav. channels which i dont seem to know how to get since HeAC3e gives me the big .wav files. PLs help

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You can use BeSweet to get mono wav's. What is the point of converting AC3 to DTS though?

3. WillG04

WillG04 Guest

Thanks i seen that last nite on besweet. i got 6 files in one shot. Beautiful! lol then i encoding using surcode dts encoder.The reason for this is dts is a hell lot better but uses up more space since i think the sampling rate is difference theres usually a 200mb difference. I just perfer it over ac3 its usually louder and more crisp. Even though could make the ac3 louder still not the same.also i have a 7.1 system and Neo 6 is better than DPllx for the matrix in 6th anf 7h channel. DTS all the way!

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If your DTS is just re-encoded AC3 though then if anything it will be lower quality.

5. WillG04

WillG04 Guest

No im not exactly re-encoding it i dunno ill see lol.
    Im experimenting but this is wat im doing. From the Ac3 file(461Mb) decompressing it to original PCM file(1.6Gb) then encoding it to a dts file (800mb).
    DTS uses less compression and is less a lossy compression.