1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ac3

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Rachel, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Rachel

Rachel Member

Hello, I've downloaded a film recently but the sound wont play. It says it needs divx and ac3 in order for it to play. Ive downloaded divx and the video works fine then but theres no sound. I downloaded ac3 today but now only the audio will work and theres no video. I don't know what to do. Can someone help? please.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. Rachel

Rachel Member

Thank you. I'l go and download it now.

4. Dela

That should work for you anyway!

5. Rachel

Rachel Member

I downloaded the Ac3 filter but divx came up and said the file (Ac3 filter) couldn't open and that it isn't compatiable or it was corrupted. Do you know by any chance what i've done wrong?

6. Dela

You'll have to get the divx ac3 codec so. I don't actually know of a download on the net so you'll have to find it in kazaa or something!

7. monzaman

monzaman Guest

Do NOT download progs and codecs from KAZAA they are rife with viruses. Use OVERNET and ShareReactor for all your dl needs, it may be slower but it is unbeatable in the long run. Also go here for the AC3 CODEC: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools.htm

PS ShareReactor is the dogs danglies

8. Dela

Its great to see that someone agrees kazaa sucks. eMule, Overnet, eDonkey Hybrid and DC++ rule over any other p2p app on this planet =)

9. Rachel

Rachel Member

oh thank you! I 'l try downloading it from that link then.
    I know now why all zip programs keep trying to open in divx. When i origanlly downloaded ac3 filter, a message came up asking me to browse for a program to open it in. I didn't have a clue. so i thought since i want it to work for divx films i'l open it in divx player. But of course it won't open in there because its not a movie.
    And now everytime i attempt to download anything like tmpgnc, virtaul dub or ac3 filter they keep trying unsucessfully to open in the divx player. I even deleted the the thing but when i downloaded ac3 filter again the computer said it needed divx player to open the file because it a zip. As you can see i'm in a bit of fix again. Any advice at all would be really appreciated.

10. Rachel

Rachel Member

Oh it doesn't matter anymore. I downloaded winzip and that fixed the problem and the ac3 filter did make sound come onto my film. So thanks!

11. monzaman

monzaman Guest

Sorry Rachel,

I think everbody presumed you had unzipped the file!!

Whilst were talking about unzipping files (this is for EVERYONE) WinRAR is a must have app and essential for some file formats get it NOW!!!

Talking about essential apps AVIcodec from my above post will identify the codecs required to play any video file, not essential but damn useful.

Monzaman

12. Dela

I use WinRAR aswell instead of WinZIP, I find it much much better at extracting and its much better for packing material safely!! =)