1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

access internet on cect p168 with tmobile

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by jtran44, Dec 7, 2007.

1. luanne1

luanne1 Member

Ok, I have had my P168+ for a couple of days and been on the phone with Tmobile multiple times....things seem to be working on THEIR part and I can finally get to the Google home page (I have the Google heading etc.) BUT the text is all boxes. I get some kind of "Script Error" too.....tmobile says it is something in the phone. ANY IDEAS??? Thanks! LuAnne

2. disciam

disciam Guest

I had the same problem. I found the solution on the Windows Live website. Click on the following link. http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Home/Default.aspx?

(if the link doesn't work just google "Windows Live for Mobile"

Click on the "Try it out" button and you will recieve a text message with the address to add as your new bookmark. you can sign in and have great access this way!

Woo hooo! Hope it helped.

3. azaircub

azaircub Member

Ive done all the shown settings to my phone 3 times still cant get an MMS msg to download.. when i click download.. I see an envelope flashing with a redline across it.. and it eventually says "Message Download Failed"

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Buck

4. kwb69

kwb69 Member

adian.....man u gotts to help me real quick ....on the iclone can u use the internet with out havin to pay for it in tmobile each month.......i mean use it like 4 example like a psp ...u know it got dat wireless internet connection thing...can u do dat in iclone...................another question if i follow does steps to use da internet for t mobile can u only do dat if u pay for it each month

5. tas666

tas666 Guest

In this page are the settings for connecting to Internet and MMS with the CECT P168. There are also many things, all about this phone.
    SPAM

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
  6. tyrieb

tyrieb Member

I need to know what internet service plan i need to subscribe to for T Mobile So I can call them and add it. Please help someone

7. virtue1

virtue1 Member

i've tried the process 3 times so far and when i try and go on the internet, every site says "google.com (or whichever site is typed in) cannot be accessed, you do not have access to this site." i have a feeling its saying that because im on tmobile's sidekick plan, but i'm not sure. any help or ideas?

8. DT501340

DT501340 Member

I just recieved my p168 yesterday I had no problems with my sim card or picking up tmobile's network. Everything is fine except I can't access my internet or my email. Like the other people I am on the sidekick unlimited plan. I used the internet settings but the only page I got to was yahoo and t zones. Anybody else having the same problems

9. oneydo

oneydo Member

10. JMS5646

JMS5646 Member

I have tried following the instructions on adians bulletin about setting up with tmobile the only thing is that after i put in the connection type HTTP, proxy, and port. but then its says click done and save which i have done. then it says activate profile and save SMS,MMS AND VM. I cant seem to do that can anyone help me get threw this part

11. newp168

newp168 Member

i have the cect p168 with tmobile i set it up with the settings from this forum but can only access t-zones and yahoo. i need help!! plzz what type of service do i need to subscribe with tmobile??? every other page says ERROR CANT ACCES THIS PAGE

12. JMS5646

JMS5646 Member

how did you get past the part after you entered the proxy and port, where its says save sms mms and vm, my phone isnt showing any of those

13. newp168

newp168 Member

after u have entered the http and proxy u click done and then save then it takes u to a screen that says activate profile click on it

14. JMS5646

JMS5646 Member

did that but then what

15. JMS5646

JMS5646 Member

how do you save the sms mms and vm Ive clicked on the enelopve icon and it doesnt gice me the sms or mms option to click on any ideas or info on this. by the way is there always an envelope at the top of screen with a number 1 on it like you have a message ?

16. newp168

newp168 Member

if theres an envelope that means you have a new message either a sms or voicemail to check that out you have to go to your menu click on pm and then messages it will take you to a menu with 4 icons sms mms voicemail and one more that i forgot at the moment. check all of them to see where u have a new message. do u have internet on your device??

17. JMS5646

JMS5646 Member

Thank you very much for your help that advice helped me figure out how to set them sms mms and vm up I really appreciate that. I dont have internet I dont think anyway. Is there a way to get for free yet on this phone

18. newp168

newp168 Member

sure no problem I've figured out that if u want limited internet u have to get t-zones for $5.99 without email or if u want Internet and email u have to get the Internet plan for $19.99 so the blackberry plan and sidekick plan will not work.

19. Darulah34

Darulah34 Guest

how do i add the email pop for aim i want to be able to use my aim email with the cect p168

20. tameit

tameit Member

I have completed the long list of settings for my p168 phone for tmobile internet. i pay $5.99 and can get on some google stuff and yahoo.
    BUT I always see a lot of "square" characters instead of text.
    Why is this?
    And whenever I try to go to gmail.com or m.google.com I am prompted to download some file (Size: Unknown Type: Unknown "We may not support this file. Still download? This file will be saved into Recieved...")
    But when I do download and save it, nothing happens additionally with the web browsing. If I go into recieved files and find that download, its 0K and basically nothing.

How can I access more sites and gmail?
    I can't get on facebook mobile either, everything shows as a "square character".

Help, please please please!! (reply or email to walidchaya@gmail.com)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!