1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

access

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bos260, May 18, 2007.

1. bos260

bos260 Member

how do i access my harddrives or applications. i have evox m8 and wen i start my xbox i get ms dashboard, reboot, settings, turn off and back up there my only options

2. steimy

steimy Active member

If your Xbox is modded you need to use an auto installer and install a hacked dashboard. For file browsing i would say your best choice would be UnleashX.

You can also access them through FTP if you want to set that up. But for that you also need a hacked dashboard. EvoX M8 is just the BIOS that your chip is using. Now you need to get Slayer 2.7 from a download site and use it to install a dashboard and all the great programs it has.

You can also try starting the Xbox with the power button, and with the eject button to see if dual boot mode was set up. If it was then it should boot to two different things and one may be your hacked dash

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  3. bos260

bos260 Member

yea when i start my xbox up there is some dashboard i dont know what it is but theres a picture of kylie minogue and it doesnt go to the normal xbox start up. and i get the options i said in the previous post . i downloaded an autoinstaller called auto installer deluxe v3 dont know if thats the right one. how do i install it onto my xbox. if this isnt the rite autoinstaller can someone direct me in the rite direction to get the one needed

4. bos260

bos260 Member

yea when i start my xbox up there is some dashboard i dont know what it is but theres a picture of kylie minogue and it doesnt go to the normal xbox start up. and i get the options i said in the previous post . i downloaded an autoinstaller called auto installer deluxe v3 dont know if thats the right one. how do i install it onto my xbox. if this isnt the rite autoinstaller can someone direct me in the rite direction to get the one needed

5. steimy

steimy Active member

The picture isn't going to help because all dashboards have skins that you can load up and there are hundreds of different one's. If i had to take a wild guess i would say you have EvoX.

AID3.0 is the correct auto installer you need. What you need to do is go into the folder for it and read the PDF file that comes with it which will tell you how to add on some things that may be included before you burn it. Then you build the ISO with a program that is usually provided in the download (also explained in the guide) and then you load it into the xbox by putting in the disc, then pressing reset. From here you can install dashboards and programs.

A few things to check into before you do all that though.
    1. Check your dashboard settings. there are option towards the bottom that will say something like, show E: or Show F: and you want to make sure that they are set to yes.

2. It is also possible to edit the EvoX.ini file which is the dashboard file that puts the links to your drives and programs on the main menu. This is pretty easy once you do it the first time, but the first time can seem a bit confusing. Once i understodd how to add things it was so simple i was amazed.
    MAKE SURE THAT BEFORE YOU EDIT THIS FILE YOU MAKE A BACK UP OF THE ORIGINAL FILE IN CASE YOU MESS UP!!!!