1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing and downloading from #xbins

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Slith, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slith

Slith Guest

People are having a lot of trouble, even though this is so easy to use. Please...someone sticky this.

1. Download and install mIRC http://www.mirc.com/get.html , and SmartFTP http://www.smartftp.com/get/SFTPMSI.exe .
    2. Open mIRC and press Alt+O. Click on Connect. Fill in a name, email, nick, and alternative nick. (The name and email can be anything. Bang the keyboard for the nick, it's guaranteed to work.)
    3. While still in the options menu, click on Servers under Connect. Choose the IRC Network, EFnet. Then, choose the IRC Server closest to you (I'm in California, so I picked EFnet: US, CA, San Jose (Blessed)) Click OK.
    4. Goto File, and click on Connect. It might take a second, depending on your connection. A bunch of text will fill the window, but soon after another window will come up asking you to Enter a channel name and click join. Type in xbins .
    5. Another channel window will come up, and telling you a little bit about xbins. Type /msg xbins !list . Nothing will pop up, but check the top where the channels are, and you will see that a red named channel called xbins has appeared. Click on it, and xbins will have given you a FTP Server, Username, and Password.
    6. Open up SmartFTP, and type in the FTP Server, the Username, and Password. Goto FTP, and click Connect. A new window will pop up, and depending on your connection, folders will soon appear under the Name part of the FTP window.
    7. Goto XBOX, and there you have it. (if you are not new to SmartFTP, happy downloading! If you are new, then continue reading.)
    8. Say I'm going to download ldots itools (popular download for XBOX softmodding). From XBOX, goto Operating Systems. From Operating Systems, goto linux. From linux, goto distributions. From distributions, goto Itools. The first file should be: Itools_007_1.7.5v. Right click on it, goto Download>Global Queue>Local Destination>Select Folder... and click.
    9. Save anywhere to your drive, and SmartFTP will add it to the download queue. It will begin downloading.
    10. Happy downloading!

NOTE: You will need to login to xbins everytime you wish to download. If you download over 30 mbs of items, then a 24-48 hour ban will be set, depending on how much you went over.

If you need help for anything else about "Accessing and downloading from xbins", feel free to post it in this topic.

EDIT: If anyone needs to contact me, you can IM or add me on Yahoo! as: Master_Slith , on AIM as: SDNSProductions , or PM me for my e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2005
  2. Slith

Slith Guest

B U M P E D

3. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Moved to general discussion and stickied. Thanks, Slith!

Please don't post email addresses in public forums. Use the private messages instead to contact other users, and exchange your email addresses there if needed.

4. Slith

Slith Guest

Thanks Ketola. Just supporting the community.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. Slith

Slith Guest

@PimpDawg

Jeez! Just say you hate it why don't ya! XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2005
  7. Fury23

Fury23 Guest

it says the status of the download is 'waiting to retry'

can someone tell me how long it will take

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Sorry slith! I was not trying to down you in any way or form. I just thought I would throw it in so if people have trouble w/ your guide, they have a backup guide to look at.

Your's is much better anyways :)

9. Slith

Slith Guest

@PimpDawg

Yeah, I know you weren't downing. Just sh*ttin' ya.

@Fury23

Using my tutorial, you should be able to download fine after connecting to xbins through SmartFTP. If you are taking over a minute, it usually disconnects you. Just hurry to the distributions.

10. ineedamod

ineedamod Member

Do i need action erplay to soft mod. With soft mods will i get stuff like auto aim, 1 shot kill, etc.?

11. Slith

Slith Guest

@ineedamod

This thread isn't about softmodding an XBOX. Either you posted in the wrong topic, or you decided to become ignorant and screw around. Therefore, I will not help you.

12. sonic10x

sonic10x Member

Ok ive got everything setup but there is just one thing im confused on. How do you ftp into your xbox using smart ftp do you just enter in your ip address or something. please help.

13. sonic10x

sonic10x Member

Ok what i really want to know is how to put skins into my xbox for evox but they dont work with my ar. so i dont know what to do with them. I dont know how to acces my xbox's ftp stuff.

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

15. Slith

Slith Guest

Pardon me for the coarse language I am about to release.

Damnit you people. Can't you fusking read? This isn't the "FTP into an XBOX tutorial" or "Softmodding an XBOX Tutorial". If you can't find out where to post your question, use the search http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/ to find your answer.

If it still isn't there, don't go into another topic that may follow along the same lines but is completely different, and ask your question. I know it is frustrating and confusing, because I posted this tutorial in a wrong place.

But please, for everyone's sake, READ THE TOPIC NAME BEFORE YOU POST.

16. mastak

mastak Member

i did everything in the tutorial but i get a (connection failed)in flashfxp. i've tried it with smartftp to and the same thing happens. im lost sum1 help!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  17. emazur

emazur Member

18. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

19. mastak

mastak Member

i figured out y it didnt connect. i didnt disable windows firewall. (duh). thanx 4 the help though.

20. yankee22

yankee22 Member

I can connect to efnet and the server, but #xbins is not on the list of channels. There is a bunch of other channels, but no xbins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.