1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessing freeview channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Tetley, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Tetley

Tetley Member

Hi, I recently had Sky Mini-dish/ Box standard package installed. However I am unable to receive some freeview channels. The ones I am interested in are BBC3 & 4, ITV, UTV2 & 3 & 4. I have gone through the basic 'Add on chanels' process, but no joy. I have the basic SKY card, but am at a loss to access these channels. Surely I'm just misssing some basic process. ( this is my first time with SKY Mini-dish etc.).

2. ManofS

ManofS Guest

did u get it installed correctly?

what is showing on these channels - just blank? have u got any kind of sky subscription?

3. Tetley

Tetley Member

Hi ManofS, It appears to be installed correctly. I have standard Sky package with sports and movies. I heard I need certain frequency numbers to key in for freeview?

4. ManofS

ManofS Guest

They should just work - b4 i dropped sky completely, i was using it with the basic subscription first and had all the channels THEN NO subscription at all and i was still receiving the basic FTA channels with no problems or set up issues.

I think it's a Sky problem - i'd ring their helpline and find out what the deal is

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hi all
    query what is different between freeview box from attic aerial and
    freeview box hooked up to satelite astra to upgrade data as i have freeview box from attic aerial.now this new box hooks up to sat.and gives u more freeview channels.