1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally turned off UnleashX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by SdKuAb, Nov 7, 2009.

1. SdKuAb

SdKuAb Member

I was attempting to update my XBMC and was using the UnleashX dashboard. Honestly, I wasn't paying too close attention to what I was doing and selected "Turn Off Softmod." Now when I start my XBox, it goes to the normal XBox startup screen and I have no idea how to get back to UnleashX. I can't connect to the XBox using SmartFTP anymore. I'm a bit stuck. If there's a function to turn the softmod off, it should stand to reason that I can turn it back on somehow. How do I turn it back on? If anybody could help point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. Also, I was having trouble making the switch. I have the new XBMC on the machine, I was having trouble finding the right way to replace it.

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

sure you can turn the softmod on, just run the softmod again. with the original game and gamesave (which should still be on your harddrive).

xbmc problem?
    just download the build you want to your computer. then ftp it into your xbox (after the softmod is back off course). put it in e\app\XBMC (if you have the stockdrive) or if you have a bigger drive there is an F/G partion. then you have a choice.