1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACDV comparison

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by drophit, Sep 7, 2004.

1. drophit

drophit Member

How much better is the 300 over the 100 anyway? Canopus ACDV

I mean i am shooting my footage with a Sony DV and a Sony Hi8 and don't want issues.

Z

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You mean the Canopus ADVC??

Well the ADVC-300 has Built in Digital Noise filters and Image stabilization which really helps clean up those really Old and Grainy VHS Tapes....

You can do most of the same Noise Filtering after Capture useing software so if you allready have good editing software will a Lot of Filters then you can just use the ADVC-100 and do the Filtering after capture useing Software...
    This Takes a Lot of extra Time but you can get simular results as the ADVC-300 captures...

So if money isn"t an issue But time is then it might be worth it to spend the extra couple hundred on the ADVC-300 but if Money is an Issue but time isn"t then useing the ADVC-100 might be a Better choice....

If you want an Internal Capture device that captures the same quality as the ADVC-100 but is a Little cheaper then take a Look at the "Canopus ACEDVio" ...
    It has most of the same features of the ADVC-100 and uses the Same DV Compression Chip but it is an Internal PCI card and is a Little cheaper than the ADVC-100 and it also has Color Correction setting that you can adjust before captureing so that the Captured file isn"t too dark or Bright or has too much Blue or red which is a Feature that the ADVC-100 doesn"t have....

Cheers