1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acer 16x10x40

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by pheed, Aug 29, 2003.

1. pheed

pheed Member

i have a cheap acer 16x10x40 and it just failed. it doesn't recognise when i put in cds, so i can't do anything with it.
    i have looked through many atapi sites and they are never easy to find what you want.
    </badgrammar>
    would newer drivers help? i mean, i know i need a new one, i could just do with a temporary solution.

thanks.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

3. pheed

pheed Member

the "disc in" l.e.d flashes when i close the bay, but it doesn't stay on when i put a cd in, and it doesn't seem to know there's one there at all.

that firmware link... is there a way of finding out what model it is without taking it out? because all it says on it is "acer cdrw 16x10x40".

the driver says "G.KF".. that's it.

thanks.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

G.KF is the [bold] current firmware you're using [/bold]

There is a G.QF firmware update for your Acer m8. Go to The Firmware Page>firmware downloads>Acer\BenQ>locate your Acer by [bold] firmware [/bold]

Shoey :)

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Of course dont expect miracles to happen hehe. Needless to say, when a LED like that doesnt work (since its such a basic feature), your drive may be toasted. And from personal experience (since i have one), i reccommend the ASUS 522452A burner. But be sure to stay away from NEC, Phillips, LG and some HP burners (heck stay away from all HP burners hehe)

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

HP burners I hear are made by Sony. I do recommend to stay away from HP DVD burners. "Sony" brand cdrw burners, especially 40/48/52x I [bold] do recommend (2 sheep burners) [/bold]

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2003
  7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps.... I dunno. I've just had some bad experiences with HP burners in general.