1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer AL1715

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rubixcube, Apr 28, 2007.

1. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

Hi all, I have a 17in lcd monitor (model in subject line) and my problem is this:-

Whenever my monitor is OFF (ie by pressing the power button, not just when windows turns it to standby) it makes a rather loud high pitched squeal. As soon as I turn my monitor back on it goes away. If I proceed to pull the power cord out instead, the squeal increases in volume then fades out. Plug it back in, and it all happens again. Is it something as simple as needing a new power cord, or could my monitor be faulty?

Thanks

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

does the power cord plug into the monitor itself or is there a power adapter in between monitor & wall plug?

3. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

it goes straight into the back of the monitor. why's that?

4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

trying to determine if noise was from possible power adapter or from inside monitor itself.

5. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

Yeah definitely from inside the monitor itself. I think I should just get a new one and sell this one to my mum or something. Its not that good as far as colours and quality are concerned either. What do you think of BenQ, LG and Samsung?

6. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

haven't had any problems with anyone of them but haven't used many lcd screens.